The Student Room Group

The 2017 Oxford Decisions Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ananya_01
When do you expect to hear, hopefully they send the mail by 8:30 GMT

Ha! That'll be the day! Suspect the first results will come from the post. Maybe from Sunderland?
Morning all and best of luck today! I hope as many of us get in as possible.
Original post by livrailton
I definitely do. What college/subject did you apply to/for?

I applied for Computer Science at Magdalen

Magdalen ,Chemistry! what about you? :smile:

We may have met during the interviews haha! I remember that the Chemistry interviews were at the same time as the Computer Science ones
Oooh all the Magdalen applicants are coming out now :biggrin:
When do you expect to hear, hopefully they send the mail by 8:30 GMT

I'm in Canada (it's 1:30 am here) so by the time I wake up the decision should be in my inbox:s-smilie:
I'm in Canada (it's 1:30 am here) so by the time I wake up the decision should be in my inbox:s-smilie:

I wouldn't be able to sleep if I knew that the email would arrive overnight haha xD
Original post by wightsnowolf
I wouldn't be able to sleep if I knew that the email would arrive overnight haha xD

exactly:P this is the dilemma I am currently facing
I'm from India and applied to Catz for CompSci. Can't wait for the decisions.
exactly:P this is the dilemma I am currently facing

Well I mean I guess the decision will still be the same in the morning when you wake up regardless of if you read it straight away or not xD I hope you manage to rest a bit
Original post by wightsnowolf
Well I mean I guess the decision will still be the same in the morning when you wake up regardless of if you read it straight away or not xD I hope you manage to rest a bit

I hope so too😅 Best of luck to you
I hope so too😅 Best of luck to you

Best of luck to you too :smile:
alright. 7:25 AM
How does Oxford notify those who have been accepted and around what time? I'm freaking out
EMAILS, most probably. I got my invitation for the interview at around 9 AM Oxford time. And confirmation of the skype interview around the same time. So yeah, the decisions should come around the same time. I feel you. Aren't we all freaking out?
Original post by TheOliverBaldwin
How does Oxford notify those who have been accepted and around what time? I'm freaking out

Original post by iLikeThemApples
EMAILS, most probably. I got my invitation for the interview at around 9 AM Oxford time. And confirmation of the skype interview around the same time. So yeah, the decisions should come around the same time. I feel you. Aren't we all freaking out?

Emails are sent out to international applicants. Some colleges also send them out to domestic applicants but not all of them. Most colleges send out decisions by post. They sent out the letters yesterday so they'll get to wherever you are in the UK today.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by wolfmoon88
Emails are sent out to international applicants. Some colleges also send them out to domestic applicants but not all of them. Most colleges send out decisions by post. They sent out the letters yesterday so they'll get to wherever you are in the UK today.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks both of you, I live in Spain so I expect I will get an email today and if they also send a letter, it will probably arrive later this week
Subject: PPE
College: Somerville
Outcome: Unconditional Offer
How did you find out? (Email/Letter/Owl): Email
How do you feel?: Like I'm about to faint haha
Original post by fyrebirds
subject: Ppe
college: Somerville
outcome: Unconditional offer
how did you find out? (email/letter/owl): Email
how do you feel?: Like i'm about to faint haha

congrats! :biggrin:
PPE is THE star course of Oxford, right? Congrats, mate. I hope you become the PM of UK. :P Now, if you will, close your eyes and pass on that good luck to lesser mortals like us.