The Student Room Group

2024-2025 Oxford MSc in Social Data Science

Hi! Who has already applied or plan to apply by November deadline?)
(edited 5 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by aishaaaa_bt
Hi! Who has already applied or plan to apply by November deadline?)

hi, have you gotten the reply yet from SDS?
Reply 2
Original post by martizap0
hi, have you gotten the reply yet from SDS?

Hi, not yet, I guess replies should come by around 15 Jan 🙂 and you? have you received any replies?
Reply 3
Hi, not yet, I guess replies should come by around 15 Jan 🙂 and you? have you received any replies?

well, I'm planning to apply for the January deadline and still working on the essays 🙂
may god wish us luck!!
Reply 4
Original post by martizap0
well, I'm planning to apply for the January deadline and still working on the essays 🙂
may god wish us luck!!

Thank you!!! Good luck!!!
Reply 5
Hey! Just noticed the upload button disappeared, had anyone received a decision already?
Reply 6

I assumed the same going over past years threads but it seems like internal decisions are made much earlier this year, I’m freaked out it’s a first batch rejection 🥲
Reply 7
Original post by rawverde
I assumed the same going over past years threads but it seems like internal decisions are made much earlier this year, I’m freaked out it’s a first batch rejection 🥲

Hi! My button also disappeared around 12 hours ago, do you think if our upload button disappeared we will get rejected soon? As practice shows (according to the last years) they firstly send offers and waitlists (i hope so at least)
Reply 8
Hi! My button also disappeared around 12 hours ago, do you think if our upload button disappeared we will get rejected soon? As practice shows (according to the last years) they firstly send offers and waitlists (i hope so at least)

Ohh glad to see I’m with someone! I’m not sure about the sign as clearly OII are making quick decisions this year for master applicants, my friend received their SSI offer mid December. I wanna hold the hope but from last year’s SDS thread ppl are receiving Rej despite early disappeared button, it’s just hard to say. Hopefully we’ll hear back today.
Reply 9
Ohh glad to see I’m with someone! I’m not sure about the sign as clearly OII are making quick decisions this year for master applicants, my friend received their SSI offer mid December. I wanna hold the hope but from last year’s SDS thread ppl are receiving Rej despite early disappeared button, it’s just hard to say. Hopefully we’ll hear back today.

Yes, I am also happy that I am not alone)))it's strange that this discussion is not active as it's used to be in last year. Yes, I also read other discussions and many applicants from SSI received their offers by 20 Dec. Do you know on average how long does it take to receive any news after upload button disappear?
Reply 10
Yes, I am also happy that I am not alone)))it's strange that this discussion is not active as it's used to be in last year. Yes, I also read other discussions and many applicants from SSI received their offers by 20 Dec. Do you know on average how long does it take to receive any news after upload button disappear?

The longest I’ve seen are like ~3 days wait until an official result
Reply 11

Good luck!!! To be honest, I have little hope, because competition is super high :biggrin:
Reply 12

Just received my rejection letter:frown:
Reply 13
Just received my rejection letter:frown:

That’s sad but I’m sure there are tons of opportunities appreciating your talent!!
Reply 14

That’s sad but I’m sure there are tons of opportunities appreciating your talent!!

Thank you! Hope so :smile: Have you received any updates?
Reply 15

Have you heard back yet?
perhaps they are going to send the next batch of decisions in a few days? In last years thread I think they sent out offers first and then rejections but this year they appear to be doing the opposite?

I applied for regular decision so my upload button is still there but I am surprised to hear that the decisions are coming out a bit slow this year
(edited 3 months ago)
I applied at the beginning of January. Upload button is still there, but I suppose it will be for quite some time haha!
Reply 18
Anyone heard back yet?
Original post by cbcc
Nope and I was in November round (

Have you emailed the department about this, perhaps you are on a waiting list? Because the 10 week mark has passed and on the site it says that all applicants should receive their decision by then.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending