The Student Room Group

The 2017 Oxford Decisions Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Subject: Theology and Religion
College: St. John's
Outcome: Rejected, then accepted by Regent's Park with AAA offer
How did you find out? Email from St John's at 11:30, then a letter from Regent's
How do you feel? Ecstatic!!
Original post by saes
Subject: Biological sciences
College: Queen's
Outcome: rejection
How did you find out? Email, on my way home from school
How do you feel? The worst I ever have, probably. But it won't stop me, I'll reapply hahaha

Aww it's okay at least you had an interview! I was rejected from St Hilda's pre-interview but got all my other offers (applied to Biomed everywhere else), where else did you apply?
Subject: Chinese (Oriental Studies)
College: Univ (though I applied for Wadham)
Outcome: AAA offer
How did you find out: email at about 8:30 this morning
How do you feel: !!!!!!
Original post by wolfmoon88
Subject: Human Sciences
College: Magdalen
Outcome: Rejection, No other colleges are currently considering your application
How did you find out? (Email/Letter/Owl): Email
How do you feel?:
Smile though your heart is aching
Smile even though it's breaking
When there are clouds in the sky, you'll get by
If you smile through your fear and sorrow
Smile and maybe tomorrow
You'll see the sun come shining through for you
- Smile, Nat King Cole

Good luck everybody and thank you all for having me! :smile:

NO Wolfmoon!! Was sure you were getting a place... you were too good for them 😉
Original post by AfcFob
NO Wolfmoon!! Was sure you were getting a place... you were too good for them 😉

Thank you for your confidence in me, unfortunately, it wasn't meant to be. :smile:
Reply 125
Original post by AfcFob
Aww it's okay at least you had an interview! I was rejected from St Hilda's pre-interview but got all my other offers (applied to Biomed everywhere else), where else did you apply?

I didn't get an interview... Applied to four other top 10 unis on a whim, we'll see how that goes :wink:
Original post by wolfmoon88
Thank you for your confidence in me, unfortunately, it wasn't meant to be. :smile:

There's always next year if you want to have another go. You might be able to defer/bank another offer somewhere else this year and give it another go next year, with a nice/useful gap year in between. Que sera, sera.
Subject: Law
College: Balliol
Outcome: Offer (Unconditional)
How did you find out: Email @ 11am
How do you feel?:

Happy, but also weird. I'm dropping out of UCL since there's no point staying here, which feels strange because I had written myself off to be rejected. Also, all my friends are mad at me because I said I wouldn't leave them even if I got an offer. No clue what I'm gonna do with my life in the next 8 months since most of my friends from home are at uni in the UK or Netherlands...
Original post by TuppenceWorth
There's always next year if you want to have another go. You might be able to defer/bank another offer somewhere else this year and give it another go next year, with a nice/useful gap year in between. Que sera, sera.

That's true,

Indeed, Que Sera Sera :smile:

I'll see about reapplying :tongue:

Thanks for the words of encouragement!
Original post by hhealey13
Subject: History of Art
College: Harris Manchester
Outcome: Offer on condition of Distinction on Access Course and A at A Level French
How did you find out: Email
How do you feel: a bit sick!

Welldone! Would you mind me asking what your GCSE/A-level results were?
Subject: Egyptology
College: Univ
Offer: Conditional on grade 5 in AP Italian & AP English Lit
How did you find out? Email @ 3:30 am (USA-East Coast)
How do you feel: Surprised and happy
Subject: History and Economics
College: New
Outcome: Conditional offer (AAA)
How did you find out? Email
How do you feel? Still absorbing the shock, hasn't really sunk in
Original post by drriversong
That is true! Were you with the Russian tall guy by any chance? I dunno I found her a bit obnoxious and the American I was talking to apparently knew her and it wasn't her usual demeanour or something :/ Hahahaha my skills were awful so I didn't even attempt to embarrass myself :h: My history ones felt good too but I felt they were too nice and didn't really challenge me. I got pooled and boy were those interviews harder!

No i wasnt, i was just the guy who was probably laughing too much and too loud. Ohh okay you didnt play that means i didnt piss you off too much then good! Did you get it? i didnt aha life feels pretty crap right now ngl
Subject: Chemistry
Outcome: Offer!! A*A*A
How did you find out? (Email/Letter/Owl): Email
How do you feel?: It hasn't sunk in yet.
I feel a little weird. Just gotta get the grades now...
(edited 7 years ago)
Has anyone got Biology from Worcester? or anything from Worcester? and how did you get it because I haven't received anything and I am worried!
Reply 135
Original post by Qwerty178
Subject: Law
Outcome: Offer (Unconditional)
How did you find out: Email @ 11am
How do you feel?:

Happy, but also weird. I'm dropping out of UCL since there's no point staying here, which feels strange because I had written myself off to be rejected. Also, all my friends are mad at me because I said I wouldn't leave them even if I got an offer. No clue what I'm gonna do with my life in the next 8 months since most of my friends from home are at uni in the UK or Netherlands...

Congrats! Your friends probably understands deep down, and you can still see each other. I'm thinking about starting uni at another place and reapply while studying there. Therefore, I'm wondering how Oxford treats students who are already in uni? What did you write about it in your ps?
Original post by BEARichards
TO ANY TRINITY APPLICANTS:

I emailed yesterday morning to ask about decisions and they said that they sent letters yesterday afternoon. My post has arrived and I haven't had a letter :frown:

Same as me... Had post come but none for me and no email. I'm so anxious about the result and having to wait even longer for a letter to arrive isn't helping. (Trinity Biochemistry)
Are there other people who haven't heard anything yet? I applied for English at Queens/ St Hughs and haven't heard a thing? I'm starting to worry...
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by inthenile
Are there other people who haven't heard anything yet? I applied for English at Queens/ St Hughs and haven't heard a thing? I'm starting to worry...

Still nothing for me and i worried!!!!
Subject: Chinese
College: Queen's
Outcome: Unconditional offer (gap yah), provided I can rustle up my certificates
How did you find out? (Email/Letter/Owl): Letter
How do you feel?:

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending