The Student Room Group

Not sure what to do for my degree

Hello, guys. I am currently doing A Level and the subjects that I am taking is Physics, Chemistry, Economics and Maths. I'll be sitting for my AS exam soon in May/June.

However, I am still unsure on what I should consider for my degree. I thought about getting a degree in Maths but when I looked up about it, all the info just made me to lose my interest.

Second, I might wanna do a degree in Chemistry or English. I have always loved English but that's like my last option.

Can y'all help me out here on what I should consider, please?
I'm pretty sure you can't do English at University without English Lit/combined at a level and if they do, you'll be at a big disadvantage because you don't have a single essay based subject.
Chemistry is a better option given your choice of a levels.
Original post by rosie.mn
I'm pretty sure you can't do English at University without English Lit/combined at a level and if they do, you'll be at a big disadvantage because you don't have a single essay based subject.
Chemistry is a better option given your choice of a levels.

Oh, that's kinda disappointing. Well, are there any uni recommendations for Chemistry?
Original post by crulobre_24
X

I don't know if you're shopping at this end of the market, but here's an example degree for the undecided:
http://www.ucl.ac.uk/basc/prospective
Oh, that's kinda disappointing. Well, are there any uni recommendations for Chemistry?

You could do Medicine if your grades are good enough and there's not a specific biology requirement. Chemistry alone is good. There's so many choices. Economics could even be an option.
Original post by rosie.mn
You could do Medicine if your grades are good enough and there's not a specific biology requirement. Chemistry alone is good. There's so many choices. Economics could even be an option.

I am not interested in Medicine. Thank you so much for your suggestions :smile:
I do maths, physics and economics too, plus f math. I just applied for economics and politics. It could be a suggestion.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fastturtleneck
I do maths, physics and economics too, plus f math. I just applied for economics and politics. It could be a suggestion.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cool. Do you enjoy economics and politics?
Hello, guys. I am currently doing A Level and the subjects that I am taking is Physics, Chemistry, Economics and Maths. I'll be sitting for my AS exam soon in May/June.

However, I am still unsure on what I should consider for my degree. I thought about getting a degree in Maths but when I looked up about it, all the info just made me to lose my interest.

Second, I might wanna do a degree in Chemistry or English. I have always loved English but that's like my last option.

Can y'all help me out here on what I should consider, please?

Apply for one of these:
http://www.etrust.org.uk/chemistry-and-drug-design-sussex
http://www.etrust.org.uk/chemistry-kent-0

It'll give you a better idea of what is involved (and might direct you to something completely different).
Cool. Do you enjoy economics and politics?

I'm still waiting on offers for 2017 entry 😆 but I'm sure it'll be great

Or you can visit which?university's site, they have a course generator based on the subjects you study in a levels

Posted from TSR Mobile
Consider a form of engineering--physics and maths and chemistry occur a lot within all disciplines of engineering. That could be chemical, aerospace, mechanical, electrical, and so forth. Or you could do a theory-based degree, like mathematics, or theoretical physics.
Original post by fastturtleneck
I'm still waiting on offers for 2017 entry 😆 but I'm sure it'll be great

Or you can visit which?university's site, they have a course generator based on the subjects you study in a levels

Posted from TSR Mobile

All the best and thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest