The Student Room Group

The 2017 Oxford Decisions Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MilindS99
Same as me... Had post come but none for me and no email. I'm so anxious about the result and having to wait even longer for a letter to arrive isn't helping. (Trinity Biochemistry)

I'm trinity Biochem too and yet to hear anything, getting more and more nervous the longer I have to wait!
Has anybody heard anything from Pembroke or St Hughs (E&M)???? I was interviewed at Pembroke and then called at St Hughs but my post has come and I have no letter. The waiting is unbearable!
Subject: Law (3 years)
College: Worcester
Outcome: Conditional Offer (3 As)
How did you find out? (Email/Letter/Owl): Letter - 3pm
How do you feel?: shocked, overwhelmingly relieved. I laughed hysterically once I'd read the first few words of the letter.
I interviewed at Pembroke too, I don't believe they send emails and my letter didn't come through today but after phoning them they told me that the letters were sent off yesterday.
Original post by Immycowdel98
Same college! 🎉

I look forward to meeting you!!!!!
Subject: Earth Sciences
College: Worcester
Outcome: Offer A*AA
How did you find out: Letter
How do you feel?: Rather confused, but mainly ecstatic!
Original post by safari.cap
Welldone! Would you mind me asking what your GCSE/A-level results were?

Thank you!
I did my GCSEs in 2010 and got 2 A*s, 6 As and 2 Bs.
I've never done A Levels before the French A level I'm currently doing, I starting working after my GCSEs. I'm doing an Access Course which is the equivalent of doing 3 A Levels in one year at the University of Liverpool.
Subject: History
College: Hertford
Outcome: Offer AAA
How did you find out?: Email this morning... I screamed
How do you feel?: Still shocked but incredibly happy and excited!
Subject: Chemistry
College: Open offer
Outcome: Conditional offer, A*A*A
How did you find out? (Email/Letter/Owl): Email
How do you feel?: Motivated to study hard and get the grades!!!
Original post by aliciaf99
College: Hertford
Outcome: Offer AAA
How did you find out?: Email this morning... I screamed
How do you feel?: Still shocked but incredibly happy and excited!

Well done! Could I possibly ask how you did at GCSE and what A levels you applied with (predicted or full A2's?). Thinking of applying for History too!
Subject: Music
College: Somerville
Outcome: Rejection
How did you find out: Email
How do you feel: 'Miffed and sad. If I end up hating Durham/Birmingham, I'll reapply. If not, then I'll apply for the Mst or PhD later (and not at the same college! xD)
Original post by Towns99
Well done! Could I possibly ask how you did at GCSE and what A levels you applied with (predicted or full A2's?). Thinking of applying for History too!

Yeah sure, at GCSE I got 9A*, 1A, Double distinction star in performing arts and a B in Level 3 Extended Maths. At AS I achieved AAAA and am studying history, french, english lit and maths of which my targets are A*A*A*A*. I also did the Oxford UNIQ summer school (which the university runs for state school students) which was super helpful in preparing me and meeting other prospective candidates!
Original post by Qwerty178
Subject: Law
College: Balliol
Outcome: Offer (Unconditional)
How did you find out: Email @ 11am
How do you feel?:

Happy, but also weird. I'm dropping out of UCL since there's no point staying here, which feels strange because I had written myself off to be rejected. Also, all my friends are mad at me because I said I wouldn't leave them even if I got an offer. No clue what I'm gonna do with my life in the next 8 months since most of my friends from home are at uni in the UK or Netherlands...

hello, congrats on your offer! Did you apply while you were already in uni? Is that possible: transfer from uk uni to uk uni for law?
Subject: Law
College: New
Outcome: Accepted
How did you find out: Email
How do you feel: Shocked af
Original post by Maceyf
Economics and management
New college
Conditional offer A*AA
Email
The most ecstatic I have ever felt 😱😱

I got into New as well. See you there next year hopefully!
Original post by aliciaf99
Yeah sure, at GCSE I got 9A*, 1A, Double distinction star in performing arts and a B in Level 3 Extended Maths. At AS I achieved AAAA and am studying history, french, english lit and maths of which my targets are A*A*A*A*. I also did the Oxford UNIQ summer school (which the university runs for state school students) which was super helpful in preparing me and meeting other prospective candidates!

Seriously well done! I think you may be exceeding the offer by about 4A*'s though! I am studying Chemisty, Biology, Economics and History and I will be dropping Chemistry for AS and will be doing an EPQ. What extracurricular activities did you do for History? I'm doing a research project (my free time) on a Napoleonic Surgeon through his 200 year old letters. Is it a case of the more extra activities the better, or quality over quantity? Sorry for the long question!
College: Regents
Outcome: Offer
How did you find out: Letter
How do you feel:surprised! I only got 4 A*s at GCSE so wasn't expecting it!
20170111_174403.jpg is this an open offer or offer at Lincoln????
Original post by lulabellead
20170111_174403.jpg is this an open offer or offer at Lincoln????

Open offer

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by saes
I didn't get an interview... Applied to four other top 10 unis on a whim, we'll see how that goes :wink:

I got in to UoM which is just as good for Biomed and has better grad prospects than Oxford so it's not the end of the world :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending