The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by steven7891
Got an offer from selwyn to study maths!:smile: A*A*A 1,1 in step 2&3 (yikes)

Congratulations! :smile:
Original post by Christie_xx
That's a shame, but I'm sure that whatever uni you end up at will be brilliant :smile:

Thank you! :hugs: I will be lurking the 2018 thread for sure :smile:

I can only hope the universe has a different Cambridge in mind for me...(maybe one in Massachusetts :wink:)
Original post by damiansdaughter
I got an unconditional offer for HSPS at Queens!! (already completed my a levels). waiting for the post was horrendous but its all worked out, congrats to everyone else w/ offers!

Congratulations! :smile:
Original post by daniilS
Let's all just take a moment to appreciate how @fablereader has personally replied to pretty much every single offer/rejection out there

PRSOM. :smile: I've tried, not sure if I've got them all. And I still haven't figured out this multi-quote thing ... I'd still reply to each one, just in one really, really long post.
Original post by OutThere!
Was it a thick or thin envelope (more than one sheet of paper in) with your offer in or did you mean email?

Thickness of envelop used to the indication while ago but not any more.
Some colleges send a piece of paper for both decision these days, with a follow up documents for offer holders later.
Original post by Xiuchen
You got rejected?? :O

That makes me so sad, you were such a nice person on this thread and you seem so passionate about your subject!

Virtual Hug:console:

Not yet!! Pooled for reinterview so yet to confirm my fate :tongue:
Original post by joemfm
Omg omg omg. Got an offer from Robinson in the mail for hsps. A*AA

Was it a single page n the envelope or other forms too with your offer? Or did you mean email?
Original post by Xiuchen
I see, I misunderstood her post. You're NatSci applicant right? Congrats on your offer!!!!! :smile: are you Bio or Phys? I'm waiting on my Bio Natsci decision, I'm so stressed right now, feel like I'm going to die....

bio, good luck I reckon you'll get an offer based on what you said about NSAA section 1 lol!! When are you going to know? :3
Original post by SteamboatMickey
Not yet!! Pooled for reinterview so yet to confirm my fate :tongue:

GOOD LUCKSSSSS!!! I wish I was pooled, cuz I know I didn't perform to the best of my abilities on the day of interview! :'(
Original post by vincrows
Some colleges send a piece of paper for both decision these days, with a follow up documents for offer holders later.

Ok going off to watch a film to wait for 5pm!!!! NO kettles!
Original post by OutThere!
Was it a single page n the envelope or other forms too with your offer? Or did you mean email?

I think Robinson still hasn't sent their emails. Every college knows except ours!
Original post by fablereader
PRSOM. :smile: I've tried, not sure if I've got them all. And I still haven't figured out this multi-quote thing ... I'd still reply to each one, just in one really, really long post.

Well you've replied yourself into the top-ten posters :rofl:
dude.PNG
Got a conditional for MML German and Russian at Queens!
Original post by Student9821
I guess we'll probably be living together for 3 years.

I guess HAHA :biggrin: Excited!!
Original post by vincrows

Whilst this is true my heart deffo skipped a beat when I picked up my letter because there was more than just the letter in there (it was a folded 4 page terms of admissions thing) and I thought straight away that might be a good sign. This was for Girton tho and I'm sure not all colleges do it the same
Original post by k.russell
bio, good luck I reckon you'll get an offer based on what you said about NSAA section 1 lol!! When are you going to know? :3

I don't think they put much weight on NSAA from what I've heard :'( and my estimate might be extremely inaccurate lol. I'll find out when Caius update me on UCAS I guess, they don't send emails (I live in UK), and I'm boarding at school while my parents are in Germany, either UCAS or when I go home in 2 weeks time, long wait haha.
Original post by jamestg
Rejected

was inevitable.

Looking back on it, to come this far, I'm pretty chuffed.

If you said three years ago to me that I would have had an interview at Cambridge, I would've laughed in your face and told you to do one.

But since mid-Y11 I've been motivated by this wonderful place, while I didn't succeed as hoped at GCSE - at A-level I have. Even though I've been rejected, I'm still going to a great uni.

Thank you to @jneill @Peterhouse Admissions @Murray Edwards Admissions and everyone else here.

I've aimed for the moon and landed among the stars...

This exactly how I feel ❤️ We're among the stars.
We started this journey together iirc, and weirdly enough ending it together too. I know we're still going to be really happy where we end up! Best of luck James!
Original post by daniilS
Well you've replied yourself into the top-ten posters :rofl:
dude.PNG

Not again! I did the same thing in the Oxford one, and got to numero uno. :laugh:
Original post by daniilS
Let's all just take a moment to appreciate how @fablereader has personally replied to pretty much every single offer/rejection out there

the real MVP @fablereader
Didn't think that the rejection would affect me as much as it has

Latest

Trending

Trending