The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

What!!! How?!!? WHY!?! :eek:

Y U DO DIS TO ME ST JOHN'S????

Spoiler

Original post by Gold-Confetti
Well my reinterviews seemed to go better this time in my opinion. My subject interview felt perfect (probs wasn't lol 🙄) but I really enjoyed it, many times more than my original interviews. General one was pretty good too. The interviewers said I'll probably hear on Monday. They would've loved to tell me earlier apparently but aren't allowed to *make* the decision until Saturday officially. I don't know if the good vibes at the end was something they do for all their candidates or not though so I'll not read too much into that haha!

I totally fell in love with Selwyn overnight. It's so beautiful. Everyone is so friendly and it was very homely. I wish I'd applied there in the first place. 😊 I'm going to take me getting pooled as an intervention of fate. I really think that if I get in I'll enjoy it more there than I would've at Downing. I know that legit everyone says that when they're pooled but I mean it! I'm just praying that they take me 🙈😬

Congratulations to everyone who got an offer today! You guys deserve it! To everyone who was rejected, just try your best to grow from the experience, there are some fantastic universities out there that will gladly snap you up! 😊🎉

Sounds like it went really well and you thoroughly enjoyed it. Best wishes! :smile:
Original post by Andrea7187
As a fellow reject I wish you the best of luck with all your other choices :smile:

Thanks. Same here. :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Student1256
Okay but isn't bmat about medicine and stuff? I wanted to prepare for NSAA but I just couldn't find any resources for it.

Your NSAA specimen paper was made up of old BMAT questions...
Hi there!
Will robinson and caius reply for sure today via email? I applied for mathematics at robinson and havent recieved an email telling that the decision date is today at any stage in my application. :/
Thank you I appreciate the help a lot. Okay but isn't bmat about medicine and stuff? I wanted to prepare for NSAA but I just couldn't find any resources for it. Yeah I guess bmat is a good option as it's an admissions test made by the same board. How much time did you spend on the NSAA? Though I think the main reason for your acceptance is your 4 A*'s, as most colleges didn't put that much weightage on the NSAA and even if you hadn't done extraordinarily I reckon you'd still have gotten an offer. Did you mention that you're reapplying on the SAQ or your PS(wondering if it would be a good thing or a bad one)?

It really is very similar (section 2 BMAT and section 1 NSAA) the only difference I would say is that BMAT is maths/chem/bio/phys whereas in NSAA you're most likely doing a different combination
I got an offer for law at queens ahahhhhah
Original post by bbglop
What!!! How?!!? WHY!?! :eek:

Y U DO DIS TO ME ST JOHN'S????

Spoiler

Congrats for getting in! Wish you the best of luck in your exams!
Original post by Viria
Thanks! Here's hoping. Though I can't say I'm much of a fan of the newer colleges, in general

Downing (Est. 1800) is a newbie too compared to most colleges... :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by k.russell
Yeah I suppose it does/is. 6 s.ds below the unsuccessful applicant mean still feels like a miracle tho, guess the POLAR3 flag sorted me out lol

Stop being so humble!
I've always thought you were a 'Cambridge material'. :smile:
Original post by _thomasholmes
I got an offer for law at queens ahahhhhah

Congrats!
Original post by jneill
Just goes to show that Cambridge isn't about UMS averages after all, eh!?

:smile:

Original post by vincrows
Good proof they look at every applicant holistically and fairly. :wink:

Yeah, I know......:tongue:
Thank you I appreciate the help a lot. Okay but isn't bmat about medicine and stuff? I wanted to prepare for NSAA but I just couldn't find any resources for it. Yeah I guess bmat is a good option as it's an admissions test made by the same board. How much time did you spend on the NSAA? Though I think the main reason for your acceptance is your 4 A*'s, as most colleges didn't put that much weightage on the NSAA and even if you hadn't done extraordinarily I reckon you'd still have gotten an offer. Did you mention that you're reapplying on the SAQ or your PS(wondering if it would be a good thing or a bad one)?

Well, there are around 12 past papers available for BMAT Section 2 so I completed all of those (missing out the biology questions, but nearly all in timed conditions) in the days/weeks leading up to the test. I didn't mention re-applying, although I think that this might be automatically flagged on your application. I focused on my experiences with my A-level subjects and how they related to the NatSci course in my PS/SAQ.
Original post by Steliata
Yeah it is, congrats on your offer! I have my envelope right here and I'm terrified haha! :eek:

It's not going to open itself....

Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fablereader
Sounds like it went really well and you thoroughly enjoyed it. Best wishes! :smile:

Thank you! Nervously waiting a decision alone now haha! 🙈 I hope you aren't too upset today, you'll do just as well elsewhere I bet! (I think I read above you were rejected, if not, then sorry I'm an idiot haha)
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3555
Original post by jneill
Downing (Est. 1800) is a newbie too compared to most colleges... :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Very true! But it's a beautiful college with a brilliant Law society
:frown: Royal Mail failed, must be the 7%
can anyone confirm if caius is sending emails to int applicants today? still waiting to no avail
I got pooled to trinity for history of art i'm so ecstatic!!
Original post by gingerrazzle
can anyone confirm if caius is sending emails to int applicants today? still waiting to no avail

ALL colleges send email to international candidates today. Period. :smile:

Check your spam tray, just in case.

Latest

Trending

Trending