The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Guys - applied to St. John's for MML (John's are only sending out emails) and still haven't heard. Does this mean anything/should I contact them at some point?
Reply 3901
Original post by IcedArizona
Hey, haven't been around for today? Are there any tech difficulties at Caius explaining why I have no answer yet (international student). :frown:

The brightest boy in the school got rejected for Natsci from Churchill lol not much hope in there for me

Same here, international student and no news from Caius. I think it says in the FAQ thread that we should wait until the 16 before contacting them, so I guess I'll do that-

That's at least another night with no sleep though :\
Original post by liziepie
when would be an appropriate time to contact the college about a non urgent matter? next week? Never did call them about the whole fee status mishap.

Yes - that would be sensible.
Original post by jneill
Yes. (I'm sure you asked this before :wink: )

Well, hold on. Maybe the open offer thing... (a very long shot)

Think I did but you know I like asking things twice :lol:
Reply 3904
Original post by vincrows
yes you did. I re-checked your post before I replied. :wink:
So,..... actually you haven't ? Or have???
Good luck tomorrow anyway.

Oh wow I'm so confused I didn't even notice lol
I haven't received an email or a letter today:smile:
Thanks again
Original post by daniilS
Considering it's almost half past five there and it helped for Pembroke, I'd call them to find out whether they're having issues too (then you can join :wink:)

EDIT: jneill said not to so idk

What do you mean helped for pembroke?

edit: not calling, dont want to bother them
@Murray Edwards Admissions Has it ever happened that a student got an email saying their application was unsuccesful but their UCAS account said something else or the college contacted them later saying it was a mistake?
Hey, haven't been around for today? Are there any tech difficulties at Caius explaining why I have no answer yet (international student). :frown:

The brightest boy in the school got rejected for Natsci from Churchill lol not much hope in there for me

I haven't heard anything from Caius yet either so they might be having email problems too I guess.. (Applied from France so I guess that counts as international for emails)
Original post by daniilS
Considering it's almost half past five there and it helped for Pembroke, I'd call them to find out whether they're having issues too (then you can join :wink:)

are you for pembroke? if yes, what subject? you said hongkong, right?
Original post by fablereader
Thanks. Plan's to wait for other offers to come in, see if I like those unis enough and then consider further.

very sensible:tongue: good luck!!
Original post by daniilS

If one person thinks to call then what's to stop everyone from calling and bringing the place grinding to a halt... honestly best to wait.

It, er, is what it is.

:smile:
What do you mean helped for pembroke?

edit: not calling, dont want to bother them

Someone called them and they confirmed that they are having technical issues with their email and might only send the email tomorrow morning
Original post by solC
Oh wow I'm so confused I didn't even notice lol
I haven't received an email or a letter today:smile:
Thanks again

Right, OK.
Please accept my official good luck for tomorrow, then. :smile:
whos of you guys is waiting for Pembroke to email them?
If yes, what country and what subject?
Original post by an_atheist
I got an offer for Chemical Engineering via engineering

Congrats! :smile:
Original post by jenoverboard
very sensible:tongue: good luck!!

Thanks! You too!
Original post by Replusz
are you for pembroke? if yes, what subject? you said hongkong, right?

I am from the Netherlands and will be going to Emmanuel :wink:
Original post by Ruthie2267
Hi!!!! Congratulations to you too! Yeah ikr :redface: I got mine at like 10 but didn't check my emails until lunch :biggrin:

Yeah i did - I was under the impression that we were only getting letters until last night when someone from Newnham said that they'd got an email when they applied!

Are you going to the visit day?

It's likely that I'll attend, what about you?
Original post by daniilS
Someone called them and they confirmed that they are having technical issues with their email and might only send the email tomorrow morning

Me and someone else called
Original post by jneill
2 letters? Oooh.... exciting :smile:

Exciting to receive but not to open. Both rejections and looking forward to other offers. Good luck everyone whether offer or not. A*A*A*A predictions for both. Parts of AA and parts of interview were tough but ok. Stiff competition I guess. Proud my son got this far as my last child and only one going to uni out of them all.

Latest

Trending

Trending