The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by h3rmit
I'm kind of thinking of reapplying next year for Bio NatSci, and doing a third year in sixth form. I'll need to do 3 AS/A2s, so if I do Further Maths (AS + A2) then I only need one more. I'm thinking Politics. Any recommendations? I already do Maths, Bio, Chem and Physics

Honestly if you get 3A* in maths, chem and biology and then just do further maths in a gap year I think that would make you a pretty strong applicant gradeswise
Original post by RotomGuy
Letter finally come through the post, and it was a rejection. I'm honestly more annoyed that they made us wait so long, but as much as I knew it would happen i'm still disappointed.

Oh well.

I'm sorry to hear that. I was rooting for you, as a fellow prospective Robinsonian.
Original post by MadScientist001
I'm sorry to hear that. I was rooting for you, as a fellow prospective Robinsonian.

Thanks, I appreciate it! Hopefully you hear good news soon enough.
Original post by jamestg
Yep! Bath, Durham and Surrey. Just waiting on Warwick now.

Providing I get the grades, I'll be off to Durham in October which I'm super excited about!!!

see you there man!!! so looking forward to next year
Original post by RotomGuy
Letter finally come through the post, and it was a rejection. I'm honestly more annoyed that they made us wait so long, but as much as I knew it would happen i'm still disappointed.

Oh well.

:frown: Sorry to hear.
(edited 7 years ago)

that is so fab im gonna walk into my medwards interviews and the first thing that'll come to my mind:

Interviewer: *asks me a question about my PS*
Me: ALPACA I mean... appeasement.
Robison international applicant here. Has anyone heard from Robinson yet, because I haven't heard anything yet and I don't know wether I should email/call them or not.
Original post by Christie_xx
It's true :wink: have you found out whether you have an offer yet?

Unfortunately I still haven't found out :frown: Meanwhile I have January mock exams to keep me busy >.< Good luck with your other Unis! I'm sure you'll end up in a great one!!! :smile:
Original post by jneill
Just get A*A*A*, you don't need to add a 3rd year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If I'm not staying in sixth form, my only other real alternative would be working, which isn't as ideal, due to less free time and being less ready for the transition to uni.
Wouldn't broadening my horizons also be better?

Original post by k.russell
Honestly if you get 3A* in maths, chem and biology and then just do further maths in a gap year I think that would make you a pretty strong applicant gradeswise
Original post by SteamboatMickey
that is so fab im gonna walk into my medwards interviews and the first thing that'll come to my mind:

Interviewer: *asks me a question about my PS*
Me: ALPACA I mean... appeasement.

:laugh::laugh::laugh: Just keep your interview prep in front of you, and when it starts to get too much look at alpacas ...
Original post by MadTings
Robison international applicant here. Has anyone heard from Robinson yet, because I haven't heard anything yet and I don't know wether I should email/call them or not.

No, I'm currently writing them an email.
Original post by h3rmit
If I'm not staying in sixth form, my only other real alternative would be working, which isn't as ideal, due to less free time and being less ready for the transition to uni.
Wouldn't broadening my horizons also be better?

Well I am on a gap year working AND didn't even get 3A*'s and I got an offer for an A in further maths (gap year qual.) for bionatsci, so I don't think the gap year thing is a big deal and if you indicate you're gonna do a lot of biology/chem reading in your gap then that's probably better than an A level in politics or w/e
Original post by timb1999
UCAS just updated!! I got an offer for Law at Downing 41 IB 776 at HL!!! I can't believe it!!!!

Does anyone know how to check whether I have been classified as EU or international?

Congratulations! Did you originally apply to Caius? Is that who you called?
Original post by daniilS
You can pick St John's, then whenever someone starts saying that they'd rather be at Oxford you can reply "well so would I but they wouldn't take me so I had to settle for this instead" :rofl:

:rofl: that would be funny :tongue:

(time to move to the other thread then :/)

Original post by fablereader
:eek: NOooo!! Don't leave us!

Still looking at all my options... :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by wolfmoon88

Posted from TSR Mobile

I might be joining you next week since I just know I will blow it next week but until then, dear friend.

salute-21169127.jpeg
Original post by wolfmoon88

Posted from TSR Mobile

OK. :biggrin:
Any Natsci's that got offers even with "bad GCSEs", at least for Cambridge standards? I'm starting to feel as if mine let me down since I had 4 A's at AS.
Original post by MadScientist001
No, I'm currently writing them an email.

Let me know what they say. And best of luck!!!
Original post by MadTings
Let me know what they say. And best of luck!!!

Thanks, to you too! I will report back as soon as I get a response.
By the way, can I ask what you are applying for?

Latest

Trending

Trending