The Student Room Group
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

Adult nursing students??

Hi,
I can't find many threads about adult nursing at the university of essex!
I was wondering if any previous students could give me some insight of how difficult the course is? The placements? Or any information would be brilliant!

Thank you
Original post by Dannie0
Hi,
I can't find many threads about adult nursing at the university of essex!
I was wondering if any previous students could give me some insight of how difficult the course is? The placements? Or any information would be brilliant!

Thank you

Hi Dannie0, I too have applied for Essex and still waiting an interview or rejection, it would be good to find people on here who have been through the process this year or last year. It seems it's quite difficult to connect with people.
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
Hi,

Have you applied for BSc or MSc? I have applied for MSc and have been invited for interview this week.
Reply 3
I'm BSc and have an interview in April, ah it's hard to find any threads on Essex! Where else have you applied for? Let me know how you get on?
Original post by locky1974
Hi,

Have you applied for BSc or MSc? I have applied for MSc and have been invited for interview this week.

Hi @locky1974 Congratulations on getting an interview at the University of Essex :smile:I applied for BSc Adult Nursing and my application was unsuccessful, Good luck on your journey, let us know how it goes :h:
Reply 5
Hi,

Hey I've been invited for an interview too for the MSc
@locky1974, Hi, How did you get on at Essex?
I didn't get offered a place. Going to apply at UCS for the undergraduate course. Reason given ' did not show the value of empathy' . I wouldn't have been able to keep my current job as a nursing assistant if I didn't hold the NHS key values close to my heart. Have you been offered a place anywhere yet?
I didn't get offered a place. Going to apply at UCS for the undergraduate course. Reason given ' did not show the value of empathy' . I wouldn't have been able to keep my current job as a nursing assistant if I didn't hold the NHS key values close to my heart. Have you been offered a place anywhere yet?

Hi @locky1974, I am so sorry to hear about Essex :frown: and I hope you secure a place at UCS, I have now received an unconditional offer from London South Bank University to study Adult Nursing Sept 2017 entry and I'm really excited :colondollar:

After 3 rejections for Adult Nursing and 1 withdrawal, finally I get somewhere, persistence is definitely key and the way forward and enthusiasm of course. You will get there, I lost hope but couldn't let that get to me, the more we try and start believing in ourselves more, people will start believing in us and give us a chance, you go into your interview and shine from the moment you walk in and channel your nerves in a positive way and you will do fine and if the feedback was simply about empathy, you can work on that and do better next time, then again it's hard to tell what each university expect from prospective students:wink:

But Good Luck and let me know how it goes, you can do this :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 9

Hey, sorry to hear about that. Don't give up on nursing. I've been struggling for so long to get into nursing. If I don't get into this year, I will most likely reapply again. I always knew I wanted to do nursing. Are you able to guide me on what sorts of questions were asked and how did the tests go?.
Hi,

Hi, how was the interview like? Got an interview

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending