The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by epsilondelta
Monday! I just couldn't face being freezing and getting the train all the way up there this time (my car got written off by a tesco van while it was parked outside my house...) so my dad offered to take me and I'm so pleased haha. Also after last time I realise that there is not much I can prepare apart from reading my personal statement! How did you feel about your interviews? I really hope you get your offer soon

Eugh, understandable - trains can be pretty stressful, especially for something as big as this... Lovely of your dad to take you up:biggrin: There really isn't much at all - to be honest, I did barely anything beyond keeping up-to-date with current affairs (I applied for Law) and re-reading personal statement!

I think they went OK this time round - I had a better feeling about them than the first set I did, although (as ever with interviews) I couldn't say if they went really well. I hope I do, too! Likewise, I hope your decision comes around swiftly after your interview!!:smile:
Original post by ajamess
Was rejected for NatSci a couple of days ago :frown: 11A*s at GCSE, average 98 UMS at AS and 590/600UMS Maths A level so was a bit gutted! Didn't think the interview was outstanding but certainly didn't think it was bad enough to off-set my entire application. I've been predicted 4A*s and I'm not sure whether to apply again next year hopefully with those grades under my belt. Any suggestions anyone?

That was basically my situation last year. I sat my exams, got 4A*s (barely) and reapplied with an unconditional for NatSci at King's. Even if I was rejected, I'm happy that I've taken a gap year. It's been fantastic so far and it's gonna get even better (going to Las Vegas, San Francisco and Australia in the next couple of months). Couldn't recommend it heavily enough but it's definitely something worth thinking about. It's not an easy decision.
Anyone know if Selwyn sends offers by post or by email? Had my Winter pool interview yesterday and hoping to hear from them tomorrow x
Original post by LapizLazuliStar
Anyone know if Selwyn sends offers by post or by email? Had my Winter pool interview yesterday and hoping to hear from them tomorrow x

Posted from TSR Mobile

I had my Selwyn offer by post, no email:smile:
Original post by Obiejess
Just a question of curiosity, how good do you reckon my interviews would have actually had to have been (guesstimate) to get an offer for law with 5A*s at GCSE and AAAB(D -year 10) at AS? Asking you seeing as I can't ask for feedback :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi dude, I got an offer yesterday for law. Whereas you got 5A*s I only got 4, but I got AAAA at AS. What was your UMS in these AS exams? Was it high or did you just scrape into the A? Also how did you think your admission test went? Because it's not just the interview that matters - as I learnt because mine wasn't exactly stellar!
Why does it seem like the college that pooled me are very keen fishers :lol:
Does anyone know when Cambridge will make EU fee statuses for 2018 start dates clear? I've been offered a gap year job (related to my subject!) that I really want to take up but I don't want to refer if it means having to pay international fees when I start...
Original post by Student1256
@k.russell @NeverLucky @Forecast what did you guys have in your gcse's?

10 A*s and 1 A.
Original post by ajamess
Was rejected for NatSci a couple of days ago :frown: 11A*s at GCSE, average 98 UMS at AS and 590/600UMS Maths A level so was a bit gutted! Didn't think the interview was outstanding but certainly didn't think it was bad enough to off-set my entire application. I've been predicted 4A*s and I'm not sure whether to apply again next year hopefully with those grades under my belt. Any suggestions anyone?

How did you find the NSAA? If you aren't sure why you were rejected it's worth asking for feedback from the college. Mention to them that you are considering a reapplication too.
Reply 4810
Has anyone else had an offer based on 4 A-levels? I got an offer of A*A*AA from Sidney Sussex for Law and feel like I'm the only one!
Got my offer!!! Same day as my interview! Higher than the default offer but it seems like the case with everyone

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have an inkling that us pool folk may hear via email. I know their original offers were by post, but now they probably want us to know sooner rather than later. I was there for a reinterview yesterday, and my interviewer seemed pretty confident I'll know by Monday.

If you think about that- it doesn't make sense to do it by post. How can we hear by Monday if it's by post, given that the decisions can't be made until (albeit first thing most like) tomorrow? Limited post on Saturdays, and no post on Sundays: it could never actually get to me by Monday.

Tbh I think it's a little cruel to make us await the postman when we've already waited longer than everyone else. Praying intensely for an email tomorrow at this point haha! Good luck :smile:
Original post by Xphoenix
Got my offer!!! Same day as my interview! Higher than the default offer but it seems like the case with everyone

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wait do you mean you have an offer after a pool interview? If so congrats! Which college/ course?
Original post by Xphoenix

Wooo congrats! Which college reinterviewed you again? :biggrin:
Original post by _thomasholmes
Hi dude, I got an offer yesterday for law. Whereas you got 5A*s I only got 4, but I got AAAA at AS. What was your UMS in these AS exams? Was it high or did you just scrape into the A? Also how did you think your admission test went? Because it's not just the interview that matters - as I learnt because mine wasn't exactly stellar!

I got 89% in the one exam I had UMS in (other than the D but I think they ignored that because I sat it so early). The AT went - okay I think maybe? But I can't think of it as 'exceptional' - I just tried lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
I got 89% in the one exam I had UMS in (other than the D but I think they ignored that because I say it so early). The AT went - okay I think maybe? But I can't think of it as 'exceptional' - I just tried lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What college are you in at? :smile:
Original post by _thomasholmes
What college are you in at? :smile:

Trinity Hall, you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Trinity Hall, you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Queens! Hopefully I see you in October :smile:
Original post by trythis
Does anyone know when Cambridge will make EU fee statuses for 2018 start dates clear? I've been offered a gap year job (related to my subject!) that I really want to take up but I don't want to refer if it means having to pay international fees when I start...

It's not up to Cambridge really... But given the timescale for Brexit I doubt there will be any staus changes before 2019 (if at all) and it's unlikely they would affect EU students already in education.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending