The Student Room Group

Please please help me guys!! :(

Hey guys

I'm in a bit of a pickle at the moment. I updated my bank details for the 2016/2017 year on student finance england's website about a month ago.

When I click update bank details, It shows me my new bank details correctly but when I click on scheduled payments it shows the payment is processing to my old details?

The thing is It's complicated as I do not have access to that account anymore but I don't think it is closed.

Is this a mistake on their system or could they actually be paying in to my old account after I have clearly changed my account details for the 2016/2017 year?

I'm really worried as I cannot call them now until the payments are scheduled to be made so cannot stop it from happening.

Please help
Only way you can know for sure is to ring student finance tomorrow. It's a pain in the arse and you might be on hold for ages but it should work like it worked for me when I had a similar problem while transitioning from first year to second year
Reply 2
Original post by JavaScriptMaster
Only way you can know for sure is to ring student finance tomorrow. It's a pain in the arse and you might be on hold for ages but it should work like it worked for me when I had a similar problem while transitioning from first year to second year

The thing is they are closed tomorrow and my payment is due on Monday so i literally have no way to contact them before the payment. If it gets sent in to the old account i'm pretty sure i can't retrieve it :frown:
Original post by jamiejones1
The thing is they are closed tomorrow and my payment is due on Monday so i literally have no way to contact them before the payment. If it gets sent in to the old account i'm pretty sure i can't retrieve it :frown:

Oh crap I forgot it's Saturday. Yea that's a pickle and a half mate. If it get's sent to the old account it will bounce immediately and this is something they always look into. If that other account is still open then that's a different ball game
Reply 4
Original post by JavaScriptMaster
Oh crap I forgot it's Saturday. Yea that's a pickle and a half mate. If it get's sent to the old account it will bounce immediately and this is something they always look into. If that other account is still open then that's a different ball game

Do you think it could be a mistake on the system? And maybe it will actually go into the account that i updated on the system about a month ago?
It seems really strange
Original post by jamiejones1
Do you think it could be a mistake on the system? And maybe it will actually go into the account that i updated on the system about a month ago?
It seems really strange

Well the fact that you updated it a month ago is a good sign, did they send a confirmation email or anything in the post? If so, that would be your leverage if worse comes to worst but honestly I think you'll be fine and this is what we call a client-server bug in web development... Don't wanna bend your ear too much about CS but the the server app (Student finance) has the new updated bank account, however it's not sending it back to the client (your chrome browser) properly but the point is, student finance has that information
Reply 6
Ok that's a little bit more reassuring thanks so much for the reply, I will update here after midnight tonight and let you know what has happened :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending