The Student Room Group

When should I start to revise?

Hi,

So I'm in Year 10 and my school have a different GCSE system whereby we take 4 GCSEs in Year 10 and the rest which include maths, English and the sciences, separately in Year 11. Because of this, I don't really have a clue about when I should start revising. My subjects I'm taking exams for are:

Religious studies- 8 topics altogether, and quite a lot of content. (2 exams)
Geography B- Tens of different topics, so much content and 18 case studies need to be learnt off by heart. (3 exams)
Business studies- Not too much content, but a fair amount. Coursework is also coming up. (2 exams)
Spanish- There will be a lot of content and vocabulary to learn. (2 exams)

Any advice on how and when I should revise will be greatly appreciated, thanks.
I'd say Feb half term, but whatever floats your boat :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by person123abc
Hi,

So I'm in Year 10 and my school have a different GCSE system whereby we take 4 GCSEs in Year 10 and the rest which include maths, English and the sciences, separately in Year 11. Because of this, I don't really have a clue about when I should start revising. My subjects I'm taking exams for are:

Religious studies- 8 topics altogether, and quite a lot of content. (2 exams)
Geography B- Tens of different topics, so much content and 18 case studies need to be learnt off by heart. (3 exams)
Business studies- Not too much content, but a fair amount. Coursework is also coming up. (2 exams)
Spanish- There will be a lot of content and vocabulary to learn. (2 exams)

Any advice on how and when I should revise will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

For Spanish I would advise using Memrise. It's a vocab learning website and if you learn around 5-10 words a day you should know enough by the time your exam comes around. You can either use the websites own Spanish course or search for your exam board and all the topic relevant vocab should be there.

Right now I wouldn't advise doing proper revision. Focus on getting your coursework down and go over some topics you're not that confident on. I would save the actual memorising of the content until late Feb/March.

Good luck!
Original post by mez_merising
I'd say Feb half term, but whatever floats your boat :smile:

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, thanks :smile:
Original post by etudiebee
For Spanish I would advise using Memrise. It's a vocab learning website and if you learn around 5-10 words a day you should know enough by the time your exam comes around. You can either use the websites own Spanish course or search for your exam board and all the topic relevant vocab should be there.

Right now I wouldn't advise doing proper revision. Focus on getting your coursework down and go over some topics you're not that confident on. I would save the actual memorising of the content until late Feb/March.

Good luck!

That is such a good idea for Spanish! Thank you so much! I shall share it with others!:biggrin::smile:
Reply 5
Original post by person123abc
That is such a good idea for Spanish! Thank you so much! I shall share it with others!:biggrin::smile:

You're welcome :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest