The Student Room Group

PGDE Dundee 2017

Hi,

Anyone applying for Dundee PGDE Primary? Ive got an interview on 17th at 1pm.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DDuncan
Hi,

Anyone applying for Dundee PGDE Primary? Ive got an interview on 17th at 1pm.

Hi Duncan, I had mines today at 9 am. How did yours go?
Reply 2
Hi Hannah I think it went well although it is difficult to judge. It was over so quickly and because you dont get a 1-1 interview it is quite difficult to get your experience across. How did yours go? Have you replied to anywhere else? I havent - all my eggs in one basket! Dawn

Original post by Hhannah1995
Hi Duncan, I had mines today at 9 am. How did yours go?
Yeah I felt mines went well too!! Yeah it's difficult although they do consider your UCAS Application. Yeah I have applied for 5 different unis good luck. Xx
Reply 4
Good luck to you too. Hope you get your first choice. x

Original post by Hhannah1995
Yeah I felt mines went well too!! Yeah it's difficult although they do consider your UCAS Application. Yeah I have applied for 5 different unis good luck. Xx
Any tips on the interview? I have mine tomorrow, very nervous! what sort of questions did they ask around the current educational issues?
Hey! Has anyone heard back from Dundee yet?

I know they said March but was maayybbee hoping they might start offering earlier! :smile: wishful thinking!

I had my interview on the 7th, feels like I have never stopped looking at my emails since.
Reply 7
Hi

Nope still not heard anything and I had my interview on the first day of interviews ! 17th January!

I called the university couple of days ago and was told end of March which is what the interviewer told us but I have heard they usually start making offers end of February.

I am loosing the will to live!!

Original post by primaryteach19
Hey! Has anyone heard back from Dundee yet?

I know they said March but was maayybbee hoping they might start offering earlier! :smile: wishful thinking!

I had my interview on the 7th, feels like I have never stopped looking at my emails since.
Hey

Has anyone heard back yet? I am losing the will to not phone up and beg to know! lol
Reply 9
Original post by primaryteach19
Hey

Has anyone heard back yet? I am losing the will to not phone up and beg to know! lol

Hi, nope still nothing! Did you call up? I did a few weeks ago but was just told the end of March. Last year they started making offers the end of February onwards but they dont seem,to have done that this year. I believe the last interviews are Friday this week so surely next week offers will start to come out? I am losing the will to live !
Original post by DDuncan
Hi, nope still nothing! Did you call up? I did a few weeks ago but was just told the end of March. Last year they started making offers the end of February onwards but they dont seem,to have done that this year. I believe the last interviews are Friday this week so surely next week offers will start to come out? I am losing the will to live !

I was going to call but I wasn't sure if it was being pushy but all this uncertainty is really starting to get to me!
I know one person that has been offered an unconditional place from Dundee on 3rd of March so they are starting to give out offers now.
I was thinking of phoning on Friday if they have not got in touch then.
Reply 11
Hi,

I had my interview on the 7th Feb and still not heard back yet, and I cannot wait any longer. Thats interesting to know that someone has already received an unconditional. I am tempted to phone up too but I know that all they'll say is that we will hear by the end of March. Let me know if anyone gets an offer.
Hello,can I ask what kind of questions the group discussions involve? Having severe panic lol Hope someone can help xxx
Hi, just wondering what the group task is like?

Are you allowed notes for the group discussion section? What kind of things were discussed in this? I'm assuming all people speak among one another discussing current issues and someone from the university supervised and overlooked it. Am I right in thinking this?

All the best everyone x
Reply 14
Original post by dundeeuni12345
Hi, just wondering what the group task is like?

Are you allowed notes for the group discussion section? What kind of things were discussed in this? I'm assuming all people speak among one another discussing current issues and someone from the university supervised and overlooked it. Am I right in thinking this?

All the best everyone x

Hi, noone in my group had notes but they didnt specifically say you were not allowed them. From speaking to other people the questions vary depending on who are your interviewers. You all sit around the group and then the 2 interviewers take a turn in asking a question to the general group. In my group most people tried to say at least one thing. How you would develop the pupils was one question and a question regarding influence/ relationships with parents. Good luck!
Hope everyones interview went well yesterday (who had one) :smile:

I am going to phone next Friday about getting replys (still not got one) as that will be 3 weeks into March. If anyone is phoning before then let me know please! :smile: I am totally all over the place waiting to hear.
Reply 16
Hi i have heard! I got in!! So fingers crossed for you all.
Original post by DDuncan
Hi i have heard! I got in!! So fingers crossed for you all.

Congrats! When did you hear back?? Was it a conditional or unconditional?
Reply 18
I heard this morning. Unconditional (I am a mature student so not waiting on any results) My interview was back on 17th January - a long time to wait!
Original post by DDuncan
I heard this morning. Unconditional (I am a mature student so not waiting on any results) My interview was back on 17th January - a long time to wait!

Well done, I am really happy for you. Hopefully I will be meeting you at Dundee in the course if I get in, I am a mature student too but need to get higher English so mine will be a conditional.

I think I will phone today.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending