The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by wolfmoon88
Def willing to kill Newcastle :rofl:

:biggrin:

No one likes Newcastle, if I recall correctly? :laugh:

I posted in the thread. :smile: I think I will ask some friends to join us too. :colone:

(Or I will just tag them in a post.)
Don't feel like doing anything today at all. Had enough, but I know I'd not be able to cope if I left home now. One more year I tell myself, yet I may as well rush my personal statement and apply for some degree I have no intention of studying just for the sake of leaving. I'm never a good person in my mother's eyes, I'm a disappointment.
Original post by Michiyo
No one likes Newcastle, if I recall correctly? :laugh:

I posted in the thread. :smile: I think I will ask some friends to join us too. :colone:

(Or I will just tag them in a post.)

Cool :rofl: :rofl: :biggrin:

yep Newcastle is only here cuz people hated other places more
[video="youtube;hlBxAj0UZAA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlBxAj0UZAA[/video]
[video="youtube;wrQt0J4hWj4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrQt0J4hWj4[/video]
Original post by SassKing13
Such detailed posts :rofl:

Ikr looool xD :colondollar: :tongue:
[video="youtube;VuNIsY6JdUw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuNIsY6JdUw[/video]

:colondollar:
Cool :rofl: :rofl: :biggrin:

yep Newcastle is only here cuz people hated other places more

I knew I could count on people to hate Newcastle and whatever university is in the lead :rofl:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*tags every single friend, person followed, and follower of hers in order to ask for help*

Spoiler

My dears, I need your help. This is copied from the Exeter Applicants 2017 Thread and explains what I would like your help with:

Original post by Michiyo
Hello, everyone! :wavey:

@wolfmoon88 and I have decided to team up to boost Exeter in the Russell Group hurt/heal game thread so that Exeter wins. The game is simple: you have 5 daily points that reset at 12:00 AM UK time and you can use them to 'hurt' (subtract points from) or 'heal' (add points to) a university or more; so, you can, say, add or subtract all your 5 points to/from a university or spread them like +3, -2, etc.

The last universities left are Newcastle (which has the same amount of points as Exeter) and Nottingham (which is currently in the lead). I have been boosting Exeter daily for about two weeks now and will definitely keep it up.

Our plan is to boost Exeter while other people take down Newcastle, then, once Exeter is only 5-10 points away from Nottingham, start to kill Nottingham. If Newcastle is still standing at this point, we take down Nottingham anyway as it has some avid supporters. If Exeter falls back into an 'unsafe' range (e.g. its points are continually subtracted by others), we switch back to boosting Exeter for a while. We do this for as long as needed until Exeter wins.

Now, this is not going to take long. Exeter already has about 10 points a day from me and wolfmoon88, meaning that it would only take three days to catch up to Nottingham if just the two of us boost it daily and no one subtracts points from it. Taking Nottingham down would indeed take a bit more time, but it should not be a problem since everyone hates and subtracts points from whatever university is in the lead. The main threats are people who subtract points from Exeter, since if more than 10 points are subtracted from Exeter a day, Exeter is in danger of being killed.

Everyone is welcome to join us in our quest to make Exeter win! :biggrin: Any help is appreciated. Thank you for your time :h:

As the quote says, thank you for your time and I hope to see you join our party. :hugs: If you do not want to or cannot, it is perfectly fine, I still love you :cube:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Original post by Rhythmical
Don't feel like doing anything today at all. Had enough, but I know I'd not be able to cope if I left home now. One more year I tell myself, yet I may as well rush my personal statement and apply for some degree I have no intention of studying just for the sake of leaving. I'm never a good person in my mother's eyes, I'm a disappointment.

Aww :console:

I know how you feel. 'One more year', I, too, told myself. I still do. It is painful, but there is nothing we can do about it. The only thing we can do is hang on and do our best. :cube: Time flies so quickly; we may as well try to enjoy what we can until better times arrive.

How you mother sees you does not matter. How YOU truly are is what matters. I know your mother has no idea what she is talking about and that her opinion of you is skewed. :frown:

No, you are not a disappointment. If your mother cannot see how great you are, she is the problem, not you. :hugs:
Original post by Michiyo
I knew I could count on people to hate Newcastle and whatever university is in the lead :rofl:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*tags every single friend, person followed, and follower of hers in order to ask for help*

Spoiler

My dears, I need your help. This is copied from the Exeter Applicants 2017 Thread and explains what I would like your help with:

As the quote says, thank you for your time and I hope to see you join our party. :hugs: If you do not want to or cannot, it is perfectly fine, I still love you :cube:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know how you feel. 'One more year', I, too, told myself. I still do. It is painful, but there is nothing we can do about it. The only thing we can do is hang on and do our best. :cube: Time flies so quickly; we may as well try to enjoy what we can until better times arrive.

How you mother sees you does not matter. How YOU truly are is what matters. I know your mother has no idea what she is talking about and that her opinion of you is skewed. :frown:

No, you are not a disappointment. If your mother cannot see how great you are, she is the problem, not you. :hugs:

:cube:
Original post by Michiyo

Nah she's right, I've messed things up and I'm a bad child. I will never be anything but that to her. Just can't wait till I **** it up even more.
[video="youtube;_SEDYm4pS0E"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SEDYm4pS0E[/video]
[video="youtube;yqbgSJwmFGw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqbgSJwmFGw[/video]
:cube:

I like cubes too :cube:

Hopefully at least one more person will join the Grand Exeter Coalition (or GEC for short) so that it can truly be grand :laugh:

And I think we *may* have our first recruit... @Scarlet_Snow, was your boosting of Exeter in the hurt/heal game somehow influenced by a certain post I made in the Exeter Applicants 2017 Thread? :awesome:

Original post by Rhythmical
Nah she's right, I've messed things up and I'm a bad child. I will never be anything but that to her. Just can't wait till I **** it up even more.

Nothing is messed up beyond repair. No one can mess up as badly as you are describing it.

'A bad child'... You know that is relative, right? I honestly doubt you are bad. Those are just your mother's harsh words to you and if I know something, that is that any mother who would brainwash their children into thinking they are bad is a terrible, manipulative b**** who does not deserve to be called a mother.

What to f*** up? Life? Everyone f***s up in life. Do not beat yourself over it and try to move on and do better next time. :console:

PM me if you want to/need to vent/etc :hugs:
Original post by Michiyo
I like cubes too :cube:

Hopefully at least one more person will join the Grand Exeter Coalition (or GEC for short) so that it can truly be grand :laugh:

And I think we *may* have our first recruit... @Scarlet_Snow, was your boosting of Exeter in the hurt/heal game somehow influenced by a certain post I made in the Exeter Applicants 2017 Thread? :awesome:

Nothing is messed up beyond repair. No one can mess up as badly as you are describing it.

'A bad child'... You know that is relative, right? I honestly doubt you are bad. Those are just your mother's harsh words to you and if I know something, that is that any mother who would brainwash their children into thinking they are bad is a terrible, manipulative b**** who does not deserve to be called a mother.

What to f*** up? Life? Everyone f***s up in life. Do not beat yourself over it and try to move on and do better next time. :console:

PM me if you want to/need to vent/etc :hugs:

I must say I can't remember our discussion, but after a lot of consideration based on advice from this website, my family, my teachers and friends, I have decided to firm Exeter. XD
Original post by Scarlet_Snow
I must say I can't remember our discussion, but after a lot of consideration based on advice from this website, my family, my teachers and friends, I have decided to firm Exeter. XD

I doubt we have ever spoken or if we did, we only did so briefly :laugh:

Congratulations! :five: What subject?

I was referring to the last post I made in the Exeter Applicants 2017 Thread. Long story short, @wolfmoon88 and I joined hands to make Exeter win in the Russell Group hurt/heal game by boosting it until it is 5-10 points short of Nottingham while other people take down Newcastle. Once Exeter is 5-10 points below Nottingham, we will start subtracting points from Nottingham and continue to do so unless Exeter is in danger, in which case we revert back to boosting Exeter so it wins. :smile: We do this until Exeter wins.

Would you like to join our Grand Exeter Coalition? :awesome:
(edited 7 years ago)
[video="youtube;IdneKLhsWOQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdneKLhsWOQ[/video]
The beat drop though :colondollar:
[video="youtube;eMFZn-M8LfE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMFZn-M8LfE[/video]
This fits me perfectly. I always do this. :toofunny: I even run away when I switch off the lights in my room.
b765f185f838bef9d1dfd21088d134f3.jpg
Original post by Dreamgirlxx
[video="youtube;IdneKLhsWOQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdneKLhsWOQ[/video]

I'm a fan of taylor!
Original post by Dreamgirlxx
[video="youtube;VuNIsY6JdUw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuNIsY6JdUw[/video]

:colondollar:

PRSOM
I love this song so much :love:

Latest