The Student Room Group

Need serious help!!!!!

hi guys,
I am planning to apply for medicine later on this year to universities like Imperial UCL e.t.c but I have just been told by some of my friends that applying to medicines require all A'S in GCSE and I only completed 5 GCSE with grades of
BBBCC did these exams privately
I am currently doing so well in my A levels
My question is if I achieve good A LEVEL RESULT e.t.c AAA
WOULD I BE ACCEPTED FOR UCL OR IMPERIAL....
THANKS
Original post by johncarter3232
hi guys,
I am planning to apply for medicine later on this year to universities like Imperial UCL e.t.c but I have just been told by some of my friends that applying to medicines require all A'S in GCSE and I only completed 5 GCSE with grades of
BBBCC did these exams privately
I am currently doing so well in my A levels
My question is if I achieve good A LEVEL RESULT e.t.c AAA
WOULD I BE ACCEPTED FOR UCL OR IMPERIAL....
THANKS

I think imperial does not care about gcse grades but if you achieve AAA at a level you might not get in as on the website even though ti says AAA it says most people given an offer have predicted AAA*, it also depends if you do the right a levels.
Original post by anonymous1502
i think imperial does not care about gcse grades but if you achieve aaa at a level you might not get in as on the website even though ti says aaa it says most people given an offer have predicted aaa*, it also depends if you do the right a levels.

i am taking bio chem maths

Good options i want to take the same ones at a level, try and get aaa*, as you are more likely to get the offer.On the website it says:
A-levels

The minimum entry requirements for this course are AAA overall, to be achieved in the same sitting and to include:

A in Chemistry

A in Biology

A in any third subject (excluding vocational subjects, General Studies and Critical Thinking)

Please note that a standard offer is likely to be A*AA.
EPQ: Please note that an EPQ cannot be used as part of the AS and A2 Level entry requirements.
Original post by Anonymous1502
Good options i want to take the same ones at a level, try and get aaa*, as you are more likely to get the offer.On the website it says:
A-levels

The minimum entry requirements for this course are AAA overall, to be achieved in the same sitting and to include:

A in Chemistry

A in Biology

A in any third subject (excluding vocational subjects, General Studies and Critical Thinking)

Please note that a standard offer is likely to be A*AA.
EPQ: Please note that an EPQ cannot be used as part of the AS and A2 Level entry requirements.

ARE YOU A GCSE STUDEnT

I do hope you do well and get in and remember if you want to go to imperial the BMAT is major and really important if your bmat is not good they might not offer you an interview from what i heard other people saying on tsr, so if you get a good bmat and aaa* then you have a good chance of getting in.Im not an expert im just saying what i heard many people say.
ARE YOU A GCSE STUDEnT

Yes im doing my gcse's this year.I been thinking about medicine as well. Whats your reason for wanting to do medicine. Even though im not 100% sure as i have been thinking about maybe doing computer science instead.

Quick Reply

Latest