The Student Room Group
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website

UCLan or Chester?

Really torn between these two Universities!! I've got offers from both of them (to do Design) but no idea which I should put down as my firm?? If you have chosen one of these unis already, as your firm choice, can you tell me why?
Original post by Brighon8
Really torn between these two Universities!! I've got offers from both of them (to do Design) but no idea which I should put down as my firm?? If you have chosen one of these unis already, as your firm choice, can you tell me why?

Hello,

Which design course at Chester have you applied for? We can then see if there's any current students who can tell you more about what they think of the course at Chester :smile:
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by University of Chester
Hello,

Which design course at Chester have you applied for? We can then see if there's any current students who can tell you more about what they think of the course at Chester :smile:

Oh thanks, Graphic Design, BA
Oh thanks, Graphic Design, BA

Thanks we've put it out on our social media, so hopefully you will get a response from a current student soon :smile:

If you want to get a taste for what it's like to study within the Faculty of Art and Design, take a look at all the images posted by students using #MyChesterStory
https://www1.chester.ac.uk/undergraduate/subject/art-and-design#mychesterstory
Reply 4

Hey, I'm a second year student at Chester and I was initially torn between two universities as well!
I chose Chester because I had heard through word and mouth the surrounding area was lovely and that the city had a great 'feel' to it. I come from a little town in the South West so moving into a smaller city like Chester was a lot more comfortable.
In terms of the courses, the lectures are smaller in size so learning is a lot more personal and the lecturers are very passionate about what they teach making learning an enjoyable experience.
One thing that really stood out to me in Chester was the sports and societies. Chester offers a load of sports and societies to join and all of them are incredibly friendly and easy to join. I am part of two myself!
I suppose I should also mention that the night life is amazing. It isn't Liverpool good but that's only a short train ride away. Wednesday night socials and SU Fridays are fun and are nights that you shouldn't miss! It's all about the Bazzerlads (Chester's home drink).

Hopefully this has helped a little about the choice making. Best of luck!
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending