The Student Room Group

Nottingham Uni Adult Nursing Interview

Hi I have a interview at Nottingham uni for adult nursing, and i was wondering if there is any advice as to what to prepare for it? Has anyone had an nursing interview from nottingham Uni? How was it? Any help will be great, cause I am currently panicking. They just emailed me for the interview this week and the interview is next week:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Scroll to see replies

Hey! I'll be having an interview there soon enough, on the 15th of Feb! I wish you the best of luck. I'm sure they'd be no more different to the other ones you've had. Tips I'd say would be to know challenges faced in nursing (ethical issues), read nursing times and see current news effecting the NHS, know the role of an adult nurse, why you want to be one etc!
Reply 2
Original post by mariahhhlee
Hey! I'll be having an interview there soon enough, on the 15th of Feb! I wish you the best of luck. I'm sure they'd be no more different to the other ones you've had. Tips I'd say would be to know challenges faced in nursing (ethical issues), read nursing times and see current news effecting the NHS, know the role of an adult nurse, why you want to be one etc!

The thing is I haven't had any interviews yet, this is going to be my first. Thank You for the advice. Have you had any Uni interviews yet?
Good luck, I'm sure you'll do great. The first one is always the most nerve racking. I had one at Surrey the other day!
Reply 4
Good luck, I'm sure you'll do great. The first one is always the most nerve racking. I had one at Surrey the other day!

How was that interview? When did you get an interview invite from Nottingham? I just got mine this week for next week, don't they usually give more time to prepare and stuff?
Original post by Zee99
How was that interview? When did you get an interview invite from Nottingham? I just got mine this week for next week, don't they usually give more time to prepare and stuff?

It went by really well actually, they were lovely. Not as intimidating as you think! That's so soon, I got the invite early January. Where else have you applied?
Reply 6
It went by really well actually, they were lovely. Not as intimidating as you think! That's so soon, I got the invite early January. Where else have you applied?

Ikr, I was thinking that they had send me one too soon. I have also applied to Derby, lincoln, birmingham city and sheffield hallam uni's. What other Uni's have you applied to? Do you live far from nottingham?
Original post by Zee99
Ikr, I was thinking that they had send me one too soon. I have also applied to Derby, lincoln, birmingham city and sheffield hallam uni's. What other Uni's have you applied to? Do you live far from nottingham?

Yeah it is rather confusing. Ah that's awesome hun! Which one's your preferred choice? Surrey (I got an offer today woo), king's college london, kingston, notts, leeds. & I do, from Oxfordshire. What about you?!
Reply 8
Yeah it is rather confusing. Ah that's awesome hun! Which one's your preferred choice? Surrey (I got an offer today woo), king's college london, kingston, notts, leeds. & I do, from Oxfordshire. What about you?!

Congrats on the offer, well done!! My preferred choice is Nottingham, hopefully i get in. Woah thats far from nottingham isn't it. What's your firm choice?
How many people were present, and the actual group interview was it based on a scanerio or on a current issues in NHS?
Thank you so much!! I'm sure you'll do great and get in, good luck :smile: Yeah it really is. I'm choosing between Surrey and Kings tbh. There were 25 people present, due to the amount of people they'd have to interview every week I guess. It's honestly a bit of everything! So it's just good to research some of the current issues going on and the basic questions too
Reply 10
Thank you so much!! I'm sure you'll do great and get in, good luck :smile: Yeah it really is. I'm choosing between Surrey and Kings tbh. There were 25 people present, due to the amount of people they'd have to interview every week I guess. It's honestly a bit of everything! So it's just good to research some of the current issues going on and the basic questions too

WHAT?! 25 PEOPLE!! Nottingham Uni only do a group interview right? How did everyone get a chance to speak with so many people?
Original post by Zee99
WHAT?! 25 PEOPLE!! Nottingham Uni only do a group interview right? How did everyone get a chance to speak with so many people?

HAHA well the interview concept had smaller groups at different times, where some had a presentation to watch, the interview first or a campus tour. At the beginning it was just the general course outline, Q & A and you get the gist :smile:
Reply 12
HAHA well the interview concept had smaller groups at different times, where some had a presentation to watch, the interview first or a campus tour. At the beginning it was just the general course outline, Q & A and you get the gist :smile:

Oh thats fine then, I thought they intervied all of the people at once, how long did it last the whole thing?
Reply 13
haha well the interview concept had smaller groups at different times, where some had a presentation to watch, the interview first or a campus tour. At the beginning it was just the general course outline, q & a and you get the gist :smile:

omg guess what?!! I got accepted into nottingham uni!!!
Original post by Zee99
omg guess what?!! I got accepted into nottingham uni!!!

OMG congratulation lovely!! I knew you'd do amazing, is it conditional or unconditional?! And it's your first choice ahhh, well done! I got another offer from Kings!
Reply 15
OMG congratulation lovely!! I knew you'd do amazing, is it conditional or unconditional?! And it's your first choice ahhh, well done! I got another offer from Kings!

THANK YOU!! Its a conditonal but I know I will get those grades easily. Well done!!!
Is that your first choice?
Original post by Zee99
THANK YOU!! Its a conditonal but I know I will get those grades easily. Well done!!!

Hey i have my interview for Nottingham this Saturday any tips for me?? is it similar to other interviews also was there a maths and english test??
congratulations on your offer btw
Original post by Zee99

SO WELCOME!! You definitely will, proud of you!!:smile: Thank you! It's my 2nd, what's your 2nd?
Reply 18
Original post by tvuki1
Hey i have my interview for Nottingham this Saturday any tips for me?? is it similar to other interviews also was there a maths and english test??
congratulations on your offer btw

Thank you, congrats to getting to that stage. My first advice is not to panic and make sure that you know about the 6c's of nursing, nhs values, the code of conduct set by the nursing and midwifery concil and read up some of the news in the media about NHS. You don't have to know them all in absoloute detail but make sure that you know something about each of them and why they are important in nursing.

I have only been to 2 interviews, derby and nottingham from that point i dont like think they were both similar, nottingham uni only had a group interview but derby had a group interview and one to one interview. The derby uni's group interview was based on a video clip but nottingham's was based on a trigger just to get conversations flowing. No there is no maths or english test so don't worry.

Make sure you get to the interview 10 minutes or so before the actual time it says as you need to hand in your documents and make sure that you have all the correct documents in a plastic wallet.
When you get there be friendly and talk to other applicants, even if you don't like interacting with strangers

They had student ambassoders in the lecture hall, and while waiting for the presentation to start we basically got a chance to ask any questions we had about nursing, which really helped. Then the school head and nursing lecturer gave a presentation then divided all applicants into groups of 8, we got led to a room where there were 3 interviews. When you first make eye contact with them make sure to smile at them. We then had to one by one introduce ourselfs, say where we will, why we want to do nursing and why nottingham.

During the discussion, make sure that you speak up and speak about relevant things relating to the discussion. Even if there are domianting people in the group make sure to still get your thoughts across, like in my group there were these 3 dominating people who hardly let anyone else speak. Interviews don't really like it when they are too dominating. Be prepared to be asked individual questions, as they sometimes to point the person on the spot ask questions. And make sure that you listen to others as well.
At the end don't ask questions which can easily be found on their website or something, as this can make you seem unprepared

Sorry this is kind of long, if you have any questions you can ask me! Good luck!
Original post by Zee99
Thank you, congrats to getting to that stage. My first advice is not to panic and make sure that you know about the 6c's of nursing, nhs values, the code of conduct set by the nursing and midwifery concil and read up some of the news in the media about NHS. You don't have to know them all in absoloute detail but make sure that you know something about each of them and why they are important in nursing.

I have only been to 2 interviews, derby and nottingham from that point i dont like think they were both similar, nottingham uni only had a group interview but derby had a group interview and one to one interview. The derby uni's group interview was based on a video clip but nottingham's was based on a trigger just to get conversations flowing. No there is no maths or english test so don't worry.

Make sure you get to the interview 10 minutes or so before the actual time it says as you need to hand in your documents and make sure that you have all the correct documents in a plastic wallet.
When you get there be friendly and talk to other applicants, even if you don't like interacting with strangers

They had student ambassoders in the lecture hall, and while waiting for the presentation to start we basically got a chance to ask any questions we had about nursing, which really helped. Then the school head and nursing lecturer gave a presentation then divided all applicants into groups of 8, we got led to a room where there were 3 interviews. When you first make eye contact with them make sure to smile at them. We then had to one by one introduce ourselfs, say where we will, why we want to do nursing and why nottingham.

During the discussion, make sure that you speak up and speak about relevant things relating to the discussion. Even if there are domianting people in the group make sure to still get your thoughts across, like in my group there were these 3 dominating people who hardly let anyone else speak. Interviews don't really like it when they are too dominating. Be prepared to be asked individual questions, as they sometimes to point the person on the spot ask questions. And make sure that you listen to others as well.
At the end don't ask questions which can easily be found on their website or something, as this can make you seem unprepared

Sorry this is kind of long, if you have any questions you can ask me! Good luck!

Thanks so much that was so useful, I've learnt all the things you mentioned for previous interviews hahah. So is the whole day just spending time within the group interview? as you said its just a group interview cuz thats gonna be a long interview Did you say when we first join our groups we will have to introduce our selves or is that a question they ask??
Quite nervous for the individual questions is that bit quite hard like what sort of questions come up ilike about what going on with nhs, senirio or just like personality??? sorry if im asking too many questions hahahahah

Quick Reply

Latest