The Student Room Group

Any advice where I can get my predicted grades from?

Basically I am transferring from a foundation year course to year 1 at another university. I submitted my UCAS application without a referee because I didn't want to go back to my old school to ask for one (and I don't think they would have given me a good one) and the teachers at my current university don't know me well enough and they couldn't obviously provide me with predicted grades for my A level retakes. Anyway 2 of the universities that I have applied to say that they can't give me an offer unless they know my predicted grades for A levels, but since I am self-teaching these subjects to get better grades and I am not getting a tutor until easter time to go over exam technique- I don't know what to do- time is an issue here as well. What would you do? I've tried a couple of things- but so far nothing.
Original post by crazychitchat
Basically I am transferring from a foundation year course to year 1 at another university. I submitted my UCAS application without a referee because I didn't want to go back to my old school to ask for one (and I don't think they would have given me a good one) and the teachers at my current university don't know me well enough and they couldn't obviously provide me with predicted grades for my A level retakes. Anyway 2 of the universities that I have applied to say that they can't give me an offer unless they know my predicted grades for A levels, but since I am self-teaching these subjects to get better grades and I am not getting a tutor until easter time to go over exam technique- I don't know what to do- time is an issue here as well. What would you do? I've tried a couple of things- but so far nothing.

You need to explain the situation to the university concerned and tell them your target grades (the grades YOU are aiming for). If that isn't sufficient then ask for their advice about who they would like to predict your A level retake grades given that you're studying for them independently.
Original post by PQ
You need to explain the situation to the university concerned and tell them your target grades (the grades YOU are aiming for). If that isn't sufficient then ask for their advice about who they would like to predict your A level retake grades given that you're studying for them independently.

I thought of doing that, but they might just ask what my grades were, as that was an option they listed in the email, and if I give them that I know that I will get an automatic rejection...

Quick Reply

Latest