The Student Room Group

Advice for confirming an offer or wait for clearing please

Hi
I have been offered a place on a Foundation course as an alternative to the BSc course I actually want to do at the same Uni. I have yet to make this offer my 'firm' choice. The Uni said that they may upgrade me to the BSc course if I get better grades than my predicted grades or alternatively the course I want to do may become available through Clearing with lower grade boundaries.
The UCAS website states that Clearing is only available from the 5th July for people who don't already hold an offer from a Uni and if the course still has places available.
My question is, should I accept the offer of the Foundation course in the hope that I get better than predicted grades or should I wait until the 5th July in the hope that the grade boundaries are lowered for the course I actually want to do? I don't want to shoot myself in the foot by accepting an offer for the Foundation course which will exclude me from applying for another course through Clearing.
Your advice and guidance is greatly appreciated!
wasnt the deadline the 8th?
Reply 2
Yes it was but the Uni have given me extra time to for this offer

Original post by backstreetboyz
wasnt the deadline the 8th?
Original post by sam-27
The UCAS website states that Clearing is only available from the 5th July for people who don't already hold an offer from a Uni and if the course still has places available.

Not sure what the t&cs are but you are holding an offer from a uni so from that wording I assume youd have to reject them by 5th July? You should ask UCAS live chat. I've heard on here that you can accept uni offers and still go through clearing - not sure if there is a difference between this clearing (where you call them up on results day) and the clearing where you apply in advance.
Reply 4
Thank you for your advice !

Original post by user8937264980
Not sure what the t&cs are but you are holding an offer from a uni so from that wording I assume youd have to reject them by 5th July? You should ask UCAS live chat. I've heard on here that you can accept uni offers and still go through clearing - not sure if there is a difference between this clearing (where you call them up on results day) and the clearing where you apply in advance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending