The Student Room Group

IGCSE English language exam help

Attachment not found
Can anyone direct me to the mark scheme or help on this?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Lucky10
Attachment not found
Can anyone direct me to the mark scheme or help on this?

Anyone have an idea
Reply 2
In your article you should make sure you have 5 points for each requirement. If you can't manage to get 5 for each one it's not the end of the world but you need to make sure you stick to those points.

For the first two points ensure that you refer to ideas from the text. Then for the third point you need to use your own ideas.

For the second part you need to pick four (if I remember correctly) words or phrases from each extract that the question guides you to and analyse them: what effects do they have in the context? That's 4 for each extract, by the way. I wouldn't quote me on that though - I'd ask your teacher.

Finally, for part 3 you need to pick 15 different key ideas from the text. You should expect to get about 12/13 as it can be quite difficult to find 15 unique ones, but never leave blank space in this question. A wrong answer is better than no answer. After this you need to write these up into paragraphs, ensuring that you put them into your own words.

I hope this helps you a little. I got an A* with the IGCSE exam last year, by the way. Good luck!
Reply 3
Original post by samesea
In your article you should make sure you have 5 points for each requirement. If you can't manage to get 5 for each one it's not the end of the world but you need to make sure you stick to those points.

For the first two points ensure that you refer to ideas from the text. Then for the third point you need to use your own ideas.

For the second part you need to pick four (if I remember correctly) words or phrases from each extract that the question guides you to and analyse them: what effects do they have in the context? That's 4 for each extract, by the way. I wouldn't quote me on that though - I'd ask your teacher.

Finally, for part 3 you need to pick 15 different key ideas from the text. You should expect to get about 12/13 as it can be quite difficult to find 15 unique ones, but never leave blank space in this question. A wrong answer is better than no answer. After this you need to write these up into paragraphs, ensuring that you put them into your own words.

I hope this helps you a little. I got an A* with the IGCSE exam last year, by the way. Good luck!

Thank you
Original post by samesea

Which exam board?
Reply 5
Original post by PrincessDiaries
Which exam board?

Igcse
Original post by Lucky10
Igcse

Edexcel and cambridge
Reply 7
Original post by PrincessDiaries
Edexcel and cambridge

No just Cambridge nationals