The Student Room Group

Anyone studied or studying in Canada?

I am hoping to study in Canada but just wanted to know if anyone has any experiences with going to uni in Canada? Is there anyway of getting a student loan or anything?
Original post by Aliwilks
I am hoping to study in Canada but just wanted to know if anyone has any experiences with going to uni in Canada? Is there anyway of getting a student loan or anything?

Moved into the Studying in North America section.
Reply 2
I plan to do a year abroad there if I get into Exeter but I wouldn't be going till my 3rd year. I have family in Canada who've been to university there and they say it's great and encouraged me to do my full course there but when it came to student loans sadly you're not entitled to anything, you pay international fees and have to take out private loans, since I'm doing a year aboard as part of a U.K. Course it'll be the standard UK fee + funding from Exeter + increased student maintence for the year. You could try and land a scholarship not exactly sure how they work but they cover the costs!
Original post by Aliwilks

I'm hoping to study there too! I sent in an application to McGill, where have you applied? There's different financial aid given at each university, but there are definitely also some external scholarships depending on where you're from.

My friend lives in Montreal and goes to McGill, it's her last year. She studies dietetics and nutrition there and says she absolutely loves the university and the city. Although McGill is challenging, it's still an amazing experience and Montreal is quite safe; she can walk home alone at around 2am and she'll be ok.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending