The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Official CAMBRIDGE 2017 Postgraduate Applicants thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by facelark123
I've been at BoGS for 3 weeks and 3 days (and counting)! As someone who HAS got an issue with their application, I would recommend giving them a ring after the 5 working day mark. They were really helpful for me.

I'll do that! Which number did you call, if you don't mind me asking?
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Original post by phdapp
I'll do that! Which number did you call, if you don't mind me asking?

Not at all! It was 01223 760606, I do believe. You can ring 9-4, Monday-Friday. :smile:
Original post by alexc2392
I got accepted by Corpus Christi today (MPhil). Anyone else has got an offer from them?

Question for those that have been offered a college membership: was there any email from your college to acknowledge your membership, etc. or simply an update on Camsis?

I got an email from my college a couple of days later, so yours should come through soon!
someone was accepted to the MPhil in Intellectual History and Political Thought today, I'm guessing they have finally gotten to the Gates Cambridge applicants for that course. I'm holding my breath.
Has anyone here heard or received anything from St Catharine's after accepting their offer? It's been a week since my admission was confirmed and I haven't been contacted by the college at all.
guys..I hear of often the line "no news = good news" but that would make sense if Cambridge had already started sending some rejections letter. However, I do not know anyone who has been rejected so far (either accepted or still waiting for the response). Do you know guys know anyone who has been rejected? If not, shouldnt we assume that, on average, they send out admission emails earlier than rejection emails?
As a general rule, rejections tend to be sent out earlier than acceptances. It even says something along the same lines on the website.
Original post by Mattb2601
I was accepted by Corpus Christi on Friday (17th). Still haven't received an email confirmation from them though!

Congratulations Matt, what will you study? I got update on Camsis yesterday too but no communication from the college so far.
Original post by alexc2392
Congratulations Matt, what will you study? I got update on Camsis yesterday too but no communication from the college so far.

MPhil in Modern British History. What about yourself? Congrats on your offer too Alex!
MPhil in Modern British History. What about yourself? Congrats on your offer too!

hey, do you mind me asking when you applied and when your status changed. Ive also applied for this masters but haven't heard anything back yet (applied a month ago).
Original post by RadCam
hey, do you mind me asking when you applied and when your status changed. Ive also applied for this masters but haven't heard anything back yet (applied a month ago).

Hey, I applied towards the end of December (Sorry I can't be more precise than that!) and was made an offer on 2nd Feb. College was allocated on 17th Feb.

Wish you all the best!
MPhil in Modern British History. What about yourself? Congrats on your offer too Alex!

I have an offer for an MPhil in Machine Learning, Language and Speech Technology which is offered by the Engineering department. Hoping for some positive news on the funding side...
Original post by amy676
Mphil medieval history applicants and offer holders

I just received an email inviting me to an interview. Did others have the same? What questions were asked in the interview? Any information would be appreciated.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I had an informal interview-style meeting, but it isn't compulsory. Basically, I was told that all supervisors should ideally meet their applicants before saying yes or no, because I think she said there is a part on their form where they have to tick that they have seen or spoken to you? Something like that. However, I doubt all supervisors adhere to this, because it isn't really feasible in practice time-wise.

I emailed before I applied to see if my supervisor was available to supervise, and she asked me to come down and see her. But not all supervisors will do this :smile:

The "interview" itself isn't scary. It's mainly a case of going over your current skills (Latin, palaeography etc) and mainly about your thesis - how are you going to complete it? What sources will you use? etc.
Hey again, any thoughts on this?

I got my offer over a week ago for the M.Phil in Pschology and Education. It still hasn't fully sunk in yet, but I'm thrilled. I was accepted into Darwin College (anyone else?) and I have sooooo many questions about next steps. My fee status is 'overseas' even though I'm a dual citizen (US/EU-Netherlands), I've never lived in the EU, so I'm assuming that's why I'll still have to pay overseas tuition. However, there are aspects of my offer conditions that give information to help me obtain a visa. Will I actually need a visa to be a student if I hold an EU passport? Additionally, the overseas tuition rates are INSANE. I'd love to hear what people (especially if you're coming from the US) are doing about funding. In particular, I applied for mostly EU funding (when my fee status was unclear) but now that I'm 'overseas' I'm worried that I will not be eligible. Lastly, I'd love to hear from anyone who can tell me more about Darwin College. There is only so much you can learn from the website.
Thanks All!
Original post by Dionysus1900
They have definitely rejected some applicants, have a look here:

http://thegradcafe.com/survey/index.php?q=University+Of+Cambridge&t=a&o=&pp=250

I want to believe I have not been rejected but I have a feeling they will notify rejected applicants later in the process, after they've identified their "sure" candidates for admission. 50% odds, but still nervous.
Original post by facelark123
Not at all! It was 01223 760606, I do believe. You can ring 9-4, Monday-Friday. :smile:

Thank you for the help. I was just preparing to call them this morning when I checked CamSIS and I got my conditional offer! Could not be happier right now!
Original post by Donizetti
I want to believe I have not been rejected but I have a feeling they will notify rejected applicants later in the process, after they've identified their "sure" candidates for admission. 50% odds, but still nervous.

This is exactly how I am feeling right now
Hey guys, I applied back in November to do a MPhil in Philosophy. Was moved to 'under consideration by department' within a few weeks. Have yet to hear anymore. Has anyone else here applied to do Philosophy and heard back?
Reply 1558
Original post by Gormmid
Hey guys, I applied back in November to do a MPhil in Philosophy. Was moved to 'under consideration by department' within a few weeks. Have yet to hear anymore. Has anyone else here applied to do Philosophy and heard back?

I applied for Philosophy but haven't heard anything yet. From what I have seen (on thegradcafe), it seems that they typically respond in the first few weeks of March. Have you applied to anywhere else?
Original post by hizza
I applied for Philosophy but haven't heard anything yet. From what I have seen (on thegradcafe), it seems that they typically respond in the first few weeks of March. Have you applied to anywhere else?

No, not yet. I have been too busy with university work. Might apply to Bristol once university is over. Luckily their applications are open until August.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending