The Student Room Group

Trump White House falling apart. Sad

The Trump White House is a hot bed of incompetence, factionalism and backstabbing. It is riven with personality conflicts, empire building and competitive leaks. Sean Spicer called a meeting with White House staff, he brought them in and demanded they all turn over their mobile phones (both government and personal) so they could be searched for incriminating text messages.

Now, remember these are not career bureaucrats; these are all people hired by Trump to work in his White House.

Upon entering Spicer’s office for what one person briefed on the gathering described as “an emergency meeting,” staffers were told to dump their phones on a table for a “phone check," to prove they had nothing to hide.

Spicer, who consulted with White House counsel Don McGahn before calling the meeting, was accompanied by White House lawyers in the room, according to multiple sources.

Things are pretty dire if, only a few weeks into your administration, you're already lawyering up in your own house, against your own staff. Spicer then said this;

Spicer also warned the group of more problems if news of the phone checks and the meeting about leaks was leaked to the media

And then it leaked :lol: Sad.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/sean-spicer-targets-own-staff-in-leak-crackdown-235413

Scroll to see replies

That's what you get when the former President is actively working to undermine you at every turn. What the white house needs is a McCarthyist purge of all the Obama loyalists and Clintonists.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Correctthink
That's what you get when the former President is actively working to undermine you at every turn. What the white house needs is a McCarthyist purge of all the Obama loyalists and Clintonists.

Seems you missed this bit:

Original post by AlexanderHam

Now, remember these are not career bureaucrats; these are all people hired by Trump to work in his White House.

These people are/were supposedly Trump loyalists. The President can't make "legacy" appointments (i.e. appointments who his successor cannot simply choose to remove) to the White House staff.

Sure, there are ordinary career civil servants who carry on, but these aren't Obama appointees. Many if not most of them will predate Obama. They also generally aren't invited to meetings like this.
Original post by anarchism101
Seems you missed this bit:

These people are/were supposedly Trump loyalists. The President can't make "legacy" appointments (i.e. appointments who his successor cannot simply choose to remove) to the White House staff.

Sure, there are ordinary career civil servants who carry on, but these aren't Obama appointees. Many if not most of them will predate Obama. They also generally aren't invited to meetings like this.

Well said. Within the executive branch as a whole, something like the top 3,000 staff are political appointees (around 97% do not require senate approval). And in the West Wing particularly, everyone is a political appointee; the only people who aren't are the cleaners and domestic staff.

The idea that there is some Obama-led deep state leaking this shows how, even when conservatives control the WH and both houses of congress, their capacity for wallowing in false victimhood remains undiminished.
No it's not.
Reply 5
Original post by oldercon1953
No it's not.
Ohhh yes it is!
No it's not.

Another day, another Trump pick who met with Russians. And in this instance, Sessions said he had never under oath during his confirmation.

So I suspect another Trump pick to have to leave. Definitely crumbling.
Reply 7
No it's not.

Yes, because of course if this had happened to a Democrat White House you'd be feeling exactly the same way, US politics being known for its fairness and impartiality.
Original post by Correctthink

I hope you are a troll, if not your username is the most pathetic thing ever.
Original post by AlexanderHam
Well said. Within the executive branch as a whole, something like the top 3,000 staff are political appointees (around 97% do not require senate approval). And in the West Wing particularly, everyone is a political appointee; the only people who aren't are the cleaners and domestic staff.

The idea that there is some Obama-led deep state leaking this shows how, even when conservatives control the WH and both houses of congress, their capacity for wallowing in false victimhood remains undiminished.

Trump is still playing the underdog card, even now he's (allegedly) the most powerful man on the planet. Although you wouldn't know that by looking at him.
Original post by MrDystopia
Another day, another Trump pick who met with Russians. And in this instance, Sessions said he had never under oath during his confirmation.

So I suspect another Trump pick to have to leave. Definitely crumbling.

It's almost time to call for intervention from Moscow to save the nation!
I think he's having teething problems. He's getting better, especially for someone who is still learning the ropes.

It would be great if we could get along with Russia, like he said
Original post by Ladbants

Why?

Because your muppet in chief thinks this is good suddenly it is good? Where was everyone saying this before?
Original post by yudothis
Why?

Because your muppet in chief thinks this is good suddenly it is good? Where was everyone saying this before?

Because I'd rather live in a world where the US and Russia are friends and aren't constantly at odds. I think the mini Cold War has gone on long enough
Because I'd rather live in a world where the US and Russia are friends and aren't constantly at odds. I think the mini Cold War has gone on long enough

Who says it was still going on?

And do you believe talking about having the biggest nuclear arsenal and vamping up military budget is going to make Russia an ally?

Or were you thinking more like a pact?

Yes indeed. Because Russia is in a very friendly mood right now. Let's see:

There are Russian planes violating our airspace
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35598892

Then there is Sweden who have decided to revoke their conscription to National Service in light of Russian threats
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-39140100

And then there is the small matter of the proxy war between the allies and Russia in terms of whose sides we have taken in Syria, the continuing conflict in The Ukraine and a general land grab for Arctic waters.

But yes, other than that, I wish we could be mates with Russia too.

There's a significant difference between getting along with and having diplomatic ties. This would be ok.

And there's a significant difference between getting along with and colluding with. This wouldn't be ok.
I think he's having teething problems. He's getting better, especially for someone who is still learning the ropes.

Learning the ropes? He is the ****ing President of the United States, not an office intern. He is expected to be competent from his first day in office.
Original post by Quantex
Learning the ropes? He is the ****ing President of the United States, not an office intern. He is expected to be competent from his first day in office.

No he's not. Trump has never been a politician before. Cut him some slack

The only way to "get along" with Russia is to bend over for them. It seems the alt-reich is willing to do that, they have no patriotism or self-regard for the West; they are unpatriotic disgraces and a danger to national security.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending