The Student Room Group

Honestly, is this normal for a first relationship? I have doubts a lot

Me and my bf have been together just over 9 months (seeing eachother nearly a year though) and our relationship is still very much how it was at the start. Lots of sex. As in when we see eachother at our houses we spend I’d say 80% of our time doing it and 20% chatting messing about. Everything is fully consensual, and at the time I’m fully up for it but when we are apart I begin to doubt if this is healthy for a relationship. Most of the time we talk is over text cos we text all the time but in person we focus heavily on the physical. I worry this is a negative thing, we go on dates but most of the time we spend in bed kissing, cuddling, sex etc. I know every couple is different but obviosuly there’s a line and I overthink the quality of my relationship due to our need to be doing this all the time
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Me and my bf have been together just over 9 months (seeing eachother nearly a year though) and our relationship is still very much how it was at the start. Lots of sex. As in when we see eachother at our houses we spend I’d say 80% of our time doing it and 20% chatting messing about. Everything is fully consensual, and at the time I’m fully up for it but when we are apart I begin to doubt if this is healthy for a relationship. Most of the time we talk is over text cos we text all the time but in person we focus heavily on the physical. I worry this is a negative thing, we go on dates but most of the time we spend in bed kissing, cuddling, sex etc. I know every couple is different but obviosuly there’s a line and I overthink the quality of my relationship due to our need to be doing this all the time

Well, I don't see any issues with having sex, even though it's a lot. As long as you guys are happy and living life to the fullest, it shouldn't bother. 'Cause at the end, all we do in life is for happiness.
Reply 2
Original post by Meheraj
Well, I don't see any issues with having sex, even though it's a lot. As long as you guys are happy and living life to the fullest, it shouldn't bother. 'Cause at the end, all we do in life is for happiness.

So it isn’t normal then😭
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
So it isn’t normal then😭

Why are you being sad? Did I say something wrong? If I did, I apologise for it.

And please read my comment once more and try to comprehend it.
Reply 4
Original post by Meheraj

This is not necessarily unhealthy unless it's causing an issue in the relationship. As long as you're both happy with it, I think that's a good thing. If you do start to feel like something is wrong, talk to him about it. It seems like, for the moment, you both are in a really good phase where you like doing it, so I don't think there's anything wrong with it.
Reply 5
Original post by abbycandler
This is not necessarily unhealthy unless it's causing an issue in the relationship. As long as you're both happy with it, I think that's a good thing. If you do start to feel like something is wrong, talk to him about it. It seems like, for the moment, you both are in a really good phase where you like doing it, so I don't think there's anything wrong with it.

Yeah, I meant the same thing. I don't know whether she got my points or not.
Reply 6
Sounds fine to me, you’ve only been together 9 months which is still the honeymoon period

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending