The Student Room Group

Stockigs vs tights

so, let's discuss: which one is better, stockings/hold ups and tights?

personally I love stockings and have only started wearing them as replacements for tights because they feel so much comfortable than tights. they're always being worn, whether it's going to work or college., a night out, etc

so what do you prefer and why?
Tights, feel a bit exposed otherwise
Tights, stockings would just fall down and annoy me lol
Almost no-one believes that stockings/hold-ups are anything more than vintage cosplay or a sex uniform.
Tights for practicality/ everday kind of things

stockings for nights out to look cute/hot :yep:
Tights :h:
Reply 6
Original post by Trinculo
Almost no-one believes that stockings/hold-ups are anything more than vintage cosplay or a sex uniform.

that's the thing that annoys me, stockings have a sexual connotation and it sucks because they aren't always for those purposes. just because they're part of a fetishism doesn't mean that they are only for the bedroom. :rolleyes:
Never worn stockings but should give them a go because tights are the most uncomfortable item of clothing ever.
If you wear stockings do you have to wear the belt thing as well?
Reply 8
Original post by RainMakesWhisky
Never worn stockings but should give them a go because tights are the most uncomfortable item of clothing ever.
If you wear stockings do you have to wear the belt thing as well?

if you wear stockings, there is a chance they will fall down without support so a suspender belt should be worn with them. if you don't want to wear a belt, buy hold ups. they're stockings but with tops that have a sticky band on the inside that help to stay in the same place, so the belt won't be needed. :h:
I really like both tights and stockings, At a push I would probably say I prefer tights more. I have more tights than stockings.

Stockings are probably more practical due to if one gets laddered then can just swap another one where as if you ladder tights then you have to buy more.
How do you feel about the man who owns Sports Direct taking over Agent Provocateur?
Original post by KingHarold
How do you feel about the man who owns Sports Direct taking over Agent Provocateur?

I had a brief look at their website and was shocked at the prices.
Reply 12
Stockings all the way.I have been a regular stockings wearer now for 10, years.I first started wearing them when I was 14, and still at school. I would have worn them even earlier if I had heard about them.They are more comfortable, very rarely fall down, no sagging gusset ugh!!! And much healthier. Xx
Reply 13
Tights currently.
Soon to be stockings!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest