The Student Room Group

Edinburgh Napier Veterinary Nursing 2017

Was wondering if anyone has heard back from Napier and been given interview dates? I know it's not been long since the UCAS application closing date but just curious to see if someone has heard back yet. Thanks :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Tasha1999
Was wondering if anyone has heard back from Napier and been given interview dates? I know it's not been long since the UCAS application closing date but just curious to see if someone has heard back yet. Thanks :smile:

Hi, I think I heard back a couple of weeks ago now, off to my interview on the 6th March. Is yours the same date/ had you recieved a date? 😊
Reply 2
Original post by Kelsmk
Hi, I think I heard back a couple of weeks ago now, off to my interview on the 6th March. Is yours the same date/ had you recieved a date? 😊

Hi, I heard back about about 2 weeks ago now and have an interview on the 24th of March. Very happy when I got the email as I was getting so worried since a lot of others had heard back by then. How is it you are preparing for yours? :smile:
Reply 3
Hi, I heard back about about 2 weeks ago now and have an interview on the 24th of March. Very happy when I got the email as I was getting so worried since a lot of others had heard back by then. How is it you are preparing for yours? :smile:

That's good, i haven't done much preparing to be honest as I heard that Middlesex also has a group discussion and activity; which is apparently quite casual in that some questions are asked and they like to hear your opinion on some topics as well as a written part. I'm just trying to stay positive and relaxed as I can get nervous and stay to myself in situations that get me anxious. Have you been doing any preparing?
Reply 4
Ah, I see. I haven't started preparing yet, and probably should since this is the only degree course I applied for. I live in Scotland so have only applied for Scottish degree/diploma courses. I'm asking the Napier graduates at my local vets for some advice with the interview, so if I find anything useful I can let you know if you like! :smile:
Reply 5
Okay, that would be great thank you! I'll let you know what the interview is like after I've been :smile:
Reply 6
Hi there, I have an interview for vet nursing soon and was just wandering if anyone had any advice on how to prepare or in the he interview ☺️
Reply 7
Original post by abbiem99
Hi there, I have an interview for vet nursing soon and was just wandering if anyone had any advice on how to prepare or in the he interview ☺️

Hi Abbie, where is your interview for?
Reply 8
Ah, I see. I haven't started preparing yet, and probably should since this is the only degree course I applied for. I live in Scotland so have only applied for Scottish degree/diploma courses. I'm asking the Napier graduates at my local vets for some advice with the interview, so if I find anything useful I can let you know if you like! :smile:

I had mine this week; it was pretty casual and all the staff were really nice! we had some Labradors going round the room for the group discussion, which was a nice stress reliever. There was a writing activity and the one to one interview after that. I
'm curious as to why Napier only looks at your English skills, whereas Middlesex looks at both maths and english during the interview.
Reply 9
Original post by Kelsmk
Hi Abbie, where is your interview for?

Hi. It's with Edinburgh Napier, I've looked on loads of websites but Im completely lost. There doesn't seem to be much information
Reply 10
Hi. It's with Edinburgh Napier, I've looked on loads of websites but Im completely lost. There doesn't seem to be much information

You will get an email closer to the date explaining what will happen on the day. There's an introduction to the course, content and any question, then you either do the group discussion or the writing assesment. Don't worry about either of these; there both pretty basic and you dont need loads of knowledge. You'll get lunch there and then the one to one interviews after that which are generally 15 mins each, if you have any questions I'm happy to help
Reply 11
Original post by Kelsmk
You will get an email closer to the date explaining what will happen on the day. There's an introduction to the course, content and any question, then you either do the group discussion or the writing assesment. Don't worry about either of these; there both pretty basic and you dont need loads of knowledge. You'll get lunch there and then the one to one interviews after that which are generally 15 mins each, if you have any questions I'm happy to help

Thank you. It's just good to know what will be happening on the day ☺️
Reply 12
Thank you. It's just good to know what will be happening on the day ☺️

No problem, good luck!
Reply 13
Original post by Kelsmk

Your message is so helpful! I was just wondering if the writing assessment is knowledge based or experience? And for the group discussion and one on one interview, is there some ethical situational questions?
Those of you with interviews might find this useful http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-39253791
Reply 15
Your message is so helpful! I was just wondering if the writing assessment is knowledge based or experience? And for the group discussion and one on one interview, is there some ethical situational questions?

My interview was on Monday and it's honestly nothing to worry about. The writing part involves different styles of questions, so one will definitely suit you. As for the group discussion, they don't want to know about knowledge, they just want to see how you interact with others and the interview is really just about the panel getting to know you. I was really surprised about how chilled out they were about things! Hope this helps and Good luck 😊
Reply 16
My interview was on Monday and it's honestly nothing to worry about. The writing part involves different styles of questions, so one will definitely suit you. As for the group discussion, they don't want to know about knowledge, they just want to see how you interact with others and the interview is really just about the panel getting to know you. I was really surprised about how chilled out they were about things! Hope this helps and Good luck 😊

Completely agree, the tutors/staff are all really nice and it's such a relaxed day
Reply 17
I have an interview for Napier on the 24th too, what sort of thing do they ask/talk about in the group discussions? and also what questions in the one to one interview? starting to prepare now.

Also does anyone know if you have to take the reference sheet from the vet practice with you? the email told me I am supposed to take it but the sheet has a return address?:s-smilie:
Reply 18
Original post by Eoina_99
I have an interview for Napier on the 24th too, what sort of thing do they ask/talk about in the group discussions? and also what questions in the one to one interview? starting to prepare now.

Also does anyone know if you have to take the reference sheet from the vet practice with you? the email told me I am supposed to take it but the sheet has a return address?:s-smilie:

The group discussion is just a list of questions about caring for animals and vet nursing etc. You dont need a lot of knowledge as they are quite open. The one to one interview is just questions so that they can get to know you a bit. They asked me about school and assignments etc again you don't need a lot of knowledge. And take the reference form with you on the day, that's what everyone else did who was in my group. Good luck for your interview 😊
Reply 19

Thank you so much! I was also wondering what to do for clothing? Is their any advice you have for me on what you and others wore to your interview?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending