The Student Room Group

Veterinary med gateway 2017

Scroll to see replies

I am still waiting on Bristol now, I'm unsure of when we will hear back as in the email they sent they didn't give a date only that they'd be finished interviewing everyone by mid April. Hopefully it won't be much longer as all this waiting is getting annoying!
Original post by Jessie1999
Hello I was wondering if anyone ended up getting an offer for the Bristol or Nottingham Gateway?

Hey, I got an offer from bristol last week for their gateway course :smile:
Has everyone heard back from Bristol yet? I am still waiting and would like them to decline me now so I can move on with my life haha.
Original post by erinhanson11
Has everyone heard back from Bristol yet? I am still waiting and would like them to decline me now so I can move on with my life haha.

I feel your pain I really do! I haven't heard back yet and I am just dying to know!!
Original post by Sashaling1207
I feel your pain I really do! I haven't heard back yet and I am just dying to know!!

Hello Sashaling1207 was wondering if you got an offer for Nottingham Gateway. Unfortunately I got rejected from everywhere :frown:
Hello Sashaling1207 was wondering if you got an offer for Nottingham Gateway. Unfortunately I got rejected from everywhere :frown:

Nottingham actually gave me an offer for animal science not vet med so I'm a little annoyed, because RVC did the same to me.
Original post by Sashaling1207
Nottingham actually gave me an offer for animal science not vet med so I'm a little annoyed, because RVC did the same to me.

Yeah I got animal science as well and was proper annoyed too so I declined it. But I am trying to get AAA so I can reapply for the 5 year programme next year. Are you going to do the same as well or will you do a different course if Bristol say no?
Yeah I got animal science as well and was proper annoyed too so I declined it. But I am trying to get AAA so I can reapply for the 5 year programme next year. Are you going to do the same as well or will you do a different course if Bristol say no?

I will probably just take a gap year and reapply with whatever grades I get, if I get lower than A's I'll reapply for gateway.
Anyone heard anything off the waiting list from RVC? X
Reply 69
Original post by Squirrel246
Anyone heard anything off the waiting list from RVC? X

I heard back the other day from RVC and Bristol, RVC had me on the reserve list so dont give up hope yet!
Original post by Gutsey
I heard back the other day from RVC and Bristol, RVC had me on the reserve list so dont give up hope yet!

I heard back from RVC on Weds! So happy!!! Thanks for your reply though! Will I be seeing you in September...? X
Reply 71
I heard back from RVC on Weds! So happy!!! Thanks for your reply though! Will I be seeing you in September...? X

Hopefully, have you joined the facebook group?
Original post by Gutsey
Hopefully, have you joined the facebook group?

No... I don't think so. I'm part of the fb chat though. You? X
Reply 73
No... I don't think so. I'm part of the fb chat though. You? X

Yea, im in both. My name is Daniel.
To be honest Bristol are being ridiculous. I can't firm any of my choices because they STILL haven't declined me yet! I know I haven't got a place so it's really irritating how they've just decided to ignore me for months. No email since "we're still considering your application" and still awaiting a decision on Track. I always thought the people with no offers would be declined first as this seems to be the case with every other uni except Bristol. Really badly organised to be honest.
Original post by olivialexie
To be honest Bristol are being ridiculous. I can't firm any of my choices because they STILL haven't declined me yet! I know I haven't got a place so it's really irritating how they've just decided to ignore me for months. No email since "we're still considering your application" and still awaiting a decision on Track. I always thought the people with no offers would be declined first as this seems to be the case with every other uni except Bristol. Really badly organised to be honest.

There were like that with me too! Just withdraw your application and then make your choices. X

What other offers did you get?
Did you get anything for veterinary medicine? Unfortunately I got rejected from everywhere so have no choices for this year.

Can you try contacting their admissions team?
Just got an email earlier saying Bristol offered me a place for the Gateway. :smile:
Reply 79
Been rejected from Bristol Gateway.
Only got Nottingham Gateway left, hopefully they will give me an offer :smile:

What were your predicted grades?
How much work experience did you have?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending