The Student Room Group

Edexcel ial economics 15 may 2017

hey guys, i noticed theres no discussion for IAL economics. if you wrote it and are interested in discussing respond to this thread. thanks :smile:

Scroll to see replies

how was it
do u remember the multiplier choice of question 8
it is about carbon emission trading scheme
what is the answer, i wrote D..
Fairly easy paper. I choose Q10 instead of Q9, what about you guys?
Original post by VIVALDO FOR FUN
do u remember the multiplier choice of question 8
it is about carbon emission trading scheme
what is the answer, i wrote D..

What were the choices? Or what was the question?
Original post by Chitsaz
i wrote D but pretty sure it was A

will I still able to get some marks even my choice is wrong?
as i mention firms need to purchase other permit in order to offset the extra emissions ,sth like that....

and how about the question of the buffet breakfast
is that diminishing marginal utility ?
i choose question 9
but i ran out of time and aren't able to finish the evaluation for the last question
as i mention firms need to purchase other permit in order to offset the extra emissions ,sth like that....

Yep the correct choice was diminishing marginal utility.
Original post by Fasih178
What were the choices? Or what was the question?

i forgot but choice D is about fine on those whose emission over their emission allowed
i choose question 9
but i ran out of time and aren't able to finish the evaluation for the last question

Ah man that sucks, but at least you were able to get the main part done and that is the 8 KAA marks.
Yep the correct choice was diminishing marginal utility.

okay but i don't know how to explain it.
i simply mention customers receive less benefit than they used to once the times going to the buffet increase
i forgot but choice D is about fine on those whose emission over their emission allowed

I reckon that's what I selected as well but I don't remember what option A was.
Ah man that sucks, but at least you were able to get the main part done and that is the 8 KAA marks.

and in the KAA part i wrote 3parts including maximum price, providing subsides and organising government campaign to reduce underconsumption, and I'm not sure will i able to get full mark that part
okay but i don't know how to explain it.
i simply mention customers receive less benefit than they used to once the times going to the buffet increase

That's kinda brief but correct nonetheless, you should get 1 mark for that easily.
I reckon that's what I selected as well but I don't remember what option A was.

Do u know Macao? I am from Macao and tomorrow will be my ial accounting unit1

i am really under pressure as I aim to get a A
and i worry running out of time again
Do u know Macao? I am from Macao and tomorrow will be my ial accounting unit1

i am really under pressure as I aim to get a A
and i worry running out of time again

Nah I don't know Macao but I do know what you're feeling. You know, before the economics paper, while I was practicing economics past papers I did not once complete the paper on time, not once. I always took at least 10 mins extra and had pretty much no hope. But then in the exam hall I hit the MCQs hard, completed them within the first 25 minutes. I had 10 extra minutes and completed the essay section too.

For your accounting paper, give it a fast and furious start and build your confidence which will help you go through the paper in time. Just believe in yourself.
Nah I don't know Macao but I do know what you're feeling. You know, before the economics paper, while I was practicing economics past papers I did not once complete the paper on time, not once. I always took at least 10 mins extra and had pretty much no hope. But then in the exam hall I hit the MCQs hard, completed them within the first 25 minutes. I had 10 extra minutes and completed the essay section too.

For your accounting paper, give it a fast and furious start and build your confidence which will help you go through the paper in time. Just believe in yourself.

Thank you for boosting my confidence.

I also got a question about the complements in question 9 as i do not know the examples, i just wrote car and breakdown insurance are complements as they are bought together, idk if it would count as an example
Thank you for boosting my confidence.

I also got a question about the complements in question 9 as i do not know the examples, i just wrote car and breakdown insurance are complements as they are bought together, idk if it would count as an example

No problem at all man.

And of course that is a perfect example. It's pretty innovative and if I were the examiner I'd honestly give you extra marks for that lol.
No problem at all man.

And of course that is a perfect example. It's pretty innovative and if I were the examiner I'd honestly give you extra marks for that lol.

I hope so. Thank you for yr help which makes me felt less stressful, and there is nth we can do except focus on the coming papers, good luck for all of us:smile:.
Reply 19

Yh I wrote about diminishing marginal utility

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending