The Student Room Group

National 5 Geography 2017

I'm surprised there's not another thread for this - I can't seem to find one at least. Anyone else doing this? I had a great teacher this (last?) year for the subject which has helped immensely. It's really just memorising though isn't it.
Original post by QIsForCucumber
I'm surprised there's not another thread for this - I can't seem to find one at least. Anyone else doing this? I had a great teacher this (last?) year for the subject which has helped immensely. It's really just memorising though isn't it.

Meeee
Do you do coasts & glaciers or limestone and the other one?😂
I'm doing coasts & glaciers. What about you? The hardest part is memorising all the depression and anticyclone stuff. I've still got to revise rural. :frown:
I'm doing coasts & glaciers. What about you? The hardest part is memorising all the depression and anticyclone stuff. I've still got to revise rural. :frown:

Same, coats and glaciers. I have 2 topics/ key area section things to go over and then some past papers 😩 I'm thinking coats will come up, glaciers has been in all 3 out of 4 papers on the websites
Have you been told to learn the coastal & glacial depositional features? They've not been in any past papers or even in some of the textbooks, however they're definitely listed in the course specification. :/
Have you been told to learn the coastal & glacial depositional features? They've not been in any past papers or even in some of the textbooks, however they're definitely listed in the course specification. :/

Is that just like spits, stacks, u-shaped valleys, arête and stuff? If so, yes
I mean stuff like terminal moraine, outwash plains, drumlins for glacial and sand bars and tombolos for coastal.
I mean stuff like terminal moraine, outwash plains, drumlins for glacial and sand bars and tombolos for coastal.

The only stuff we've been told is the costal depositionals I've never heard of the glacial ones hahah

Ive done sand bars and tombolos but not the glacier ones, don't think you need to know them though
I won't bother revising those then if no one else has even been taught them! Our teacher said she's 95% sure they won't come up as there isn't enough points to explain to make a 4 mark question out of them. Good luck for this afternoon! :smile:
I won't bother revising those then if no one else has even been taught them! Our teacher said she's 95% sure they won't come up as there isn't enough points to explain to make a 4 mark question out of them. Good luck for this afternoon! :smile:

You too!
Well that was joke! Could they make it any easier?! I'm not complaining though. :wink: Nothing on rural, nothing on depressions. Easy urban questions. Easy weather questions. IMO anyway, others may have found it difficult?
Well that was joke! Could they make it any easier?! I'm not complaining though. :wink: Nothing on rural, nothing on depressions. Easy urban questions. Easy weather questions. IMO anyway, others may have found it difficult?

I'm worried I may have used the wrong box for the Edinburgh housing plan question.

Were there two roads going through and coniferous trees within that box?
Found the paper quite easy only hard one was the weather - high pressure system
The paper was really good, was that high pressure system an anticyclone? I didn't think it was as the pressure numbers decreased from the centre, but in an anticyclone they increase from the centre? What sort of things did people write?
Original post by stellafish
Found the paper quite easy only hard one was the weather - high pressure system

Me too what did you write for population density q? I did low birth rates, high birth rates, jobs, communications, climate and relief etc
(edited 6 years ago)

What did you write for both parts of the anticyclone? - first part was reasons for that weather and second part was benefits and problems.
Weren't you surprised by the glacier question?😂 No map and a,b AND c!😂
Original post by amysmith1999
What did you write for both parts of the anticyclone? - first part was reasons for that weather and second part was benefits and problems.
Weren't you surprised by the glacier question?😂 No map and a,b AND c!😂

What did you say for the first anticyclone question about Bathgate?

Also, for the Edinburgh question,

Did you find the co-ordinates for new housing,old housing and CBD?

The one I didn't use was new industry. I hope that I'm correct. And in the box where it was asking on the housing plan, weren't there some coniferous trees and roads going through that box?
Original post by _Matthew01_
What did you say for the first anticyclone question about Bathgate?

Also, for the Edinburgh question,

Did you find the co-ordinates for new housing,old housing and CBD?

The one I didn't use was new industry. I hope that I'm correct. And in the box where it was asking on the housing plan, weren't there some coniferous trees and roads going through that box?

Yeah I put that

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending