The Student Room Group

Btec applied science Unit 1 and 3 past papers

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Lilpopsicle
But some people are saying diffusion to do with bubbles etc came up and plus we never learnt about metal reactions ??

That's what I got. I also got chi squared questions.
What exam board are you doing?

Original post by sayan999
For section plants and for section b displacement reaction between metal and metal salt solutions.
Reply 42
Original post by britishgreg
What exam board are you doing?

Pearson
Sorry to bump an old thread, but I'm hoping someone is still up who is doing Unit 1 tomorrow. I've asked this question as a new topic but didn't get a response - this is the only BTEC I'm doing and have done, so I'm not too sure on how it works. But I read online on a webpage from Pearson saying that you need to pass all core modules in order to pass the entire subject.

Does this mean that despite whatever I've got for my coursework subjects, if I fail this one that's it?

Cheers
Original post by mygateway
Sorry to bump an old thread, but I'm hoping someone is still up who is doing Unit 1 tomorrow. I've asked this question as a new topic but didn't get a response - this is the only BTEC I'm doing and have done, so I'm not too sure on how it works. But I read online on a webpage from Pearson saying that you need to pass all core modules in order to pass the entire subject.

Does this mean that despite whatever I've got for my coursework subjects, if I fail this one that's it?

Cheers

You have to pass the exams to pass overall, or else you fail. Even if your coursework is a pass
How did everyone find the unit 1 exam today???
Reply 46
It was okay. Definitely wasn't easy imo. Anyone know how many marks a pass is, a merit and a distinction?
I thought the exam paper was okay, the chemistry and the physics parts were good. I wasn't keen on the biology section though, i don't think i done so well on the 6 marker on palisade mesophyll cells question.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Astro-Smarties
I thought the exam paper was okay, the chemistry and the physics parts were good. I wasn't keen on the biology section though, i don't think i done so well on the 6 marker on palisade mesophyll cells question.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I found the calculations rather difficult and wasn't keen on physics but the 6 markers for biology and chemistry were great! What did you get for the oxidative state?
Reply 49
For the question asking for the oxidation state of iron in Fe2O3- I said that Fe2 is 6+ and therefore Fe is 3+. What did you put down for the 6 markers in biology and chemistry?
Original post by GemmaAllen321
I found the calculations rather difficult and wasn't keen on physics but the 6 markers for biology and chemistry were great! What did you get for the oxidative state?

I thought the calculations were okay (but i suppose thats because i also do A Level physics and chemistry). For the oxidative state of Fe, i got +3.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pronhub
For the question asking for the oxidation state of iron in Fe2O3- I said that Fe2 is 6+ and therefore Fe is 3+. What did you put down for the 6 markers in biology and chemistry?

For biology, i put that the palisade mesophyll cells contain chloroplasts which absorb the light for photosynthesis. I said that they move around in the cytoplasm to get more light. For chemistry, i said that the atomic radius increases down a group, so this explains why the reactivity of potassium is higher than sodium as it is easier to lose the one outer electron. I said that as you go across a period, the radius decreases as there is more nuclear charge, hence more attraction. So magnesium is less reactive than both sodium and potassium because it needs more energy to remove its outer electrons. It also asked for an explanation using electronic configurations so i just wrote them out and explained using them. Sorry if i didn't explain very well on here but i can't remember exactly what the question involved

Posted from TSR Mobile
I thought the calculations were okay (but i suppose thats because i also do A Level physics and chemistry). For the oxidative state of Fe, i got +3.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I put 0 because I thought it was overall haha
Original post by GemmaAllen321
I put 0 because I thought it was overall haha

Its only 0 if it is one element on its own. If it was 2Fe, it would be 0 but since it its in a compound it is +3 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Its only 0 if it is one element on its own. If it was 2Fe, it would be 0 but since it its in a compound it is +3 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Damn it!! Ugh haha
When are u taking th unit 1 exam
Reply 56
Hi everyone - I have Unit 1 exam in January. how hard is it and what mark gets a pass?
hi guy what was the unit 3 exam like i have it in may
who has sat the btec applied science unit 3 exam for part B both section 1 and 2. if yes, what topic came up for the sections please?!?!?!?
Reply 59
Original post by Sadaf1388
who has sat the btec applied science unit 3 exam for part B both section 1 and 2. if yes, what topic came up for the sections please?!?!?!?

Im doing it later today

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending