The Student Room Group

AQA A-level Economics new 7136 - 06, 13 & 19 Jun 2017 [Exam Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

What did people put for context 2 9 and 25 markers
Original post by GGHarambe
For the 9 maker did you write about higher costs of production...etc and how it lowers profit?

I did.. i said about labour costs and how they'd either need to employ more workers or extend the shifts of existing workers to deliver 6 days a week and how this is a cost of production and will increase ATC and lower profits.. I showed ATC shifting upwards but don't think that was right...
Original post by NotKidding
Pretty good paper aside from the 4 and 9 marker on Context 1 which were worded weirdly.

Which was the 4 marker? was it the concentration ratio?
Original post by Gemmamcconville
On context A the first case study, what did everyone get for the 9 marker about the monopoly diagram for Royal Mail and how the obligations affect costs and price.I put how, having to deliver 6 days a week to multiple locations across the UK could increase AC, so showed this on a monopoly diagram shifting the AC upwards, and the abnormal profit being shrunk. Is this wrong?

I did the same but I waffled too much

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zwatkins66
I did.. i said about labour costs and how they'd either need to employ more workers or extend the shifts of existing workers to deliver 6 days a week and how this is a cost of production and will increase ATC and lower profits.. I showed ATC shifting upwards but don't think that was right...

Yeah, I did it very similar to you
What essay did you guys answer?
Which was the 4 marker? was it the concentration ratio?

No, concentration ratio was the 2 marker

For the 9 maker did you write about higher costs of production...etc and how it lowers profit?

From what I can remember I wrote about:

- Economies of scale (expanding output)
- Pay workers higher wages for working on weekends
- If other firms in the market don’t offer the same service, Royal Mail would be the entire market and therefore could raise prices/price discriminate (show S.N profit on diagram).

Really unsure about this particular question to be honest...
Reply 327
Original post by nadiakassam
Did anyone do the legacy spec today?

Hi,

I did the old ECON 3 paper today, how did you find it ?
For the 9 marker on context A did anyone else draw a monopoly diagram with the MC and ATC shifting upwards?
Yeah, I did it very similar to you

That makes me feel a lot better:smile:
Original post by Danllo
Hi,

I did the old ECON 3 paper today, how did you find it ?

I thought it was ok, I did Context 2 and Essay 3 which ones did you do??
On context A the first case study, what did everyone get for the 9 marker about the monopoly diagram for Royal Mail and how the obligations affect costs and price.I put how, having to deliver 6 days a week to multiple locations across the UK could increase AC, so showed this on a monopoly diagram shifting the AC upwards, and the abnormal profit being shrunk. Is this wrong?

Waht. My concept was so different :frown:
OMG I wrote that thank god!!!!!!
I wrote Royal Mail was only delivery service offering that option so it had monopoly power in that sense leading to increased supernormal profit
No, concentration ratio was the 2 marker

From what I can remember I wrote about:

- Economies of scale (expanding output)
- Pay workers higher wages for working on weekends
- If other firms in the market don’t offer the same service, Royal Mail would be the entire market and therefore could raise prices/price discriminate (show S.N profit on diagram).

Really unsure about this particular question to be honest...
i said because theyre forced to increase output it may cause economies of scale or may cause diseconomies of scale so cost increase
Reply 334

Idk I did the same as you. Which essay did you choose?
Pretty good paper aside from the 4 and 9 marker on Context 1 which were worded weirdly.

Which one was the 4 marker?
Original post by will.h
Idk I did the same as you. Which essay did you choose?

Hopefully i get some marks for it. I chose the unhealthy food and drink one about tax being the best policy for reducing the market failure
Which one was the 4 marker?

It was about using Figure 2 to show dynamic efficiency has occurred or something similar
Original post by nadiakassam
I thought it was ok, I did Context 2 and Essay 3 which ones did you do??

Same, what did you write for the 9 marker and 25 marker marker for section A?
Reply 339
wow

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending