Bad 21%
Alright 33%
Good 29%
So good17%
Total votes: 24
Write down any answers you can remember
Original post by Siddy alsoufi
Write down any answers you can remember

The last Question of the paper I can remember putting down Glucose is soluble helping it be able to be transported around the blood.
Original post by revelationn
The last Question of the paper I can remember putting down Glucose is soluble helping it be able to be transported around the blood.

Yh same
N for the similarities of cholesterol n glucose i wrote they both have hexose shape
Both have elements oxygen hydrogen and carbon
Both small
Apparently the percentage is 28%
My answers
1 shows the cell component and organelle and the structure of the organelles
2 it shows a 3D image of the object being viewed
3 prophase cz theres nuclear envelope n not all chromosome are attached to spindle fibre
4 independent assortment cz the bivalent orienation of homologous pair n each one from the pair has different alleles n can end up facing either pole
5 many alveoli provides large SA
Thin layer( shortens diffusion pathway)
Stretch and recoil for good ventilation ( steep con grad) surrounded by many capillaries also for steep con grade
My answers
1 shows the cell component and organelle and the structure of the organelles
2 it shows a 3D image of the object being viewed
3 prophase cz theres nuclear envelope n not all chromosome are attached to spindle fibre
4 independent assortment cz the bivalent orienation of homologous pair n each one from the pair has different alleles n can end up facing either pole
5 many alveoli provides large SA
Thin layer( shortens diffusion pathway)
Stretch and recoil for good ventilation ( steep con grad) surrounded by many capillaries also for steep con grade

IT was crossing over not independent assortment
Original post by Umarmahmood8181
IT was crossing over not independent assortment

Nope crossing over happens in prophase 1 , independent assortment happens in metaphase 1
Reply 7
Hi guys, I'm sitting the paper tomorrow internally in school. Can anyone remember any topics or questions so I can revise them.
Definitely made many mistakes in that paper which cost me a few marks but overall I think I did quite well. The disease and immune system questions were really nice. The two 6 mark questions were relatively straightforward. For me it was some of the 2 and 3 markers that confused me. The micro graph for the meiosis was really difficult to see lmao. I had a good guess that it was prophase 1, as you could just about see the bivalents.
Nope crossing over happens in prophase 1 , independent assortment happens in metaphase 1

Are u sure? Check again.
Original post by Umarmahmood8181
Are u sure? Check again.

Yeah crossing over would be wrong as it only happens when the homologous pair of chromosomes are first matched up(in prophase 1) and the question asked about metaphase 1 so you could only talk about independent assortment.
What did people answer for the question that was something like "Higher concentration of glucose the sweeter it is. Describe how you would carry out an experiment w/out a colorimeter." and the question regarding how you would disect a fish to look at it's respiratory system or something like that?
Anyone else think the meiosis microscope picture was poor quality and therefore difficult to identify? Maybe it was just my eyes
Original post by student1144
What did people answer for the question that was something like "Higher concentration of glucose the sweeter it is. Describe how you would carry out an experiment w/out a colorimeter." and the question regarding how you would disect a fish to look at it's respiratory system or something like that?
Anyone else think the meiosis microscope picture
was poor quality and therefore difficult to identify? Maybe it was just my eyes

Yh for me it was hard to identify lol
N for the glucose con question i put " doing a quantitative test by adding benidicts solutions n check if theres a change in colour eg red means so sweet , orange medium sweet n yh like that then i put control the variables tem n ph" its probably wrong but thats the only thing i was thinking about
Found this video if it helps anyone:
https://youtu.be/fOFPrFyUwv8
Anyone have a mark scheme for this ?
Original post by desigenius
Found this video if it helps anyone:
https://youtu.be/fOFPrFyUwv8

I can't seem to access it did you take pictures of it! Please I'm really desperate!!!
Reply 16
What did people put for the Ebola question and for the experimental question

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending