The Student Room Group

Why do people protest a building but they don't protest terrorists?

Why are people protesting a burnt building yet don't protest the fact that 23,000 Jihadists aren't being deported or locked up?

I give up on this country.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
> 23,000 suspected Jihadists

Fixed.

You can't just deport someone who you 'suspect' has done something you moron.
I don't think it's fair to say that people are protesting a 'burnt building'. These protests are being caused by a culmination of various things, much like the London Riots of 2011.

In addition, the government needs to be - at least in the views of the protestors - pushed into taking action to prevent such fires from happening again. The government do not need to be told the importance of preventing terror attacks.
Not protesting the building, theyre protesting the fact that the govt and local council potentially let hundreds die a fiery death when it could have been avoided, you moron
Reply 4
I think the Jihadists would be rather pleased with a large group of their opponents gathering together in a public place.
One is easy to prevent from happening the other is not.
Reply 6
Original post by Inexorably
> 23,000 suspected Jihadists

Fixed.

You can't just deport someone who you 'suspect' has done something you moron.

We can when T-May changes the human rights laws. Say goodbye to the potential terrorists that you're so desperate to defend sicko.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 7
The country gives up on you.
Reply 8
"no protests against terrorism"

- holds one of the largest concerts of 2017 to raise money for charity and show that terrorism will not defeat
- large events and vigils all over manchester full of protests advocating peace over terror (including many islamic groups can i add)

just because people aren't marching through the streets with racist banners (probably a wet dream of yours by the sounds of it) doesn't mean people aren't in protest.

also, the deportment argument is invalid on sososososo many levels
1) you do know that muslims can be british?
2) yeh sure, send '23 000' jihadists to ISIS occupied syria. and see. what. happens. think about it.
Reply 9
Original post by Alaio1
We can when T-May changes the human rights laws. Say goodbye to the potential terrorists that you're so desperate to defend sicko.

I totally agree with you - If we have any suspicion at all that an individual has been associating with terrorists (whether online or in person), a police van should be swiftly sent to pick up the suspect, and then to the nearest airport.

The monies from the suspects assets, property etc could then be sent to him or her in due course.

I don't care if people think it's wrong - we need extreme action to combat extreme terror, everyone is fed up of finding out the next attackers were known to the police!

Radical polices are needed to tackle radical people!!
Original post by .A_C.
I totally agree with you - If we have any suspicion at all that an individual has been associating with terrorists (whether online or in person), a police van should be swiftly sent to pick up the suspect, and then to the nearest airport.

The monies from the suspects assets, property etc could then be sent to him or her in due course.

I don't care if people think it's wrong - we need extreme action to combat extreme terror, everyone is fed up of finding out the next attackers were known to the police!

Radical polices are needed to tackle radical people!!

What constitutes as associating with terrorists at a suspicion level (ergo without evidence)? If I looked an IS Twitter account would that be enough to send me somewhere?
Reply 11
You would be suprised at how fast people mobilise when an issue directly and tangibly affects them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hahahaha your trying to apply logic to the HARD LEFT. ahahahahahahaha good luck
Reply 13
Original post by 0xFFFFail
What constitutes as associating with terrorists at a suspicion level (ergo without evidence)? If I looked an IS Twitter account would that be enough to send me somewhere?

Islamic state turned into a household name practically overnight, when they were at their peak of capturing lots of territory in the middle east.

Therefore, it would absolutely not be enough to make you pack your bags to the nearest airport. Although if I was the PM, I would be making the rules so tough, so strict that people would not be able to see anything on the internet about IS - it would all be censored.

That is like Chinese style internet monitoring - I know. But don't think for a second that the internet isn't monitored in the UK... Because it always has been under the secrecy of many agencies and computer nerds.

The security services, MI6 spies would monitor exactly everything on the suspect's screen. If anything more is said about attacks, going to join IS etc then it should be logged and looked into immediately, and properly investigated.

From this, an informed decision should be made.
Original post by Alaio1

T May:
-The person who is ready to fire britains first nuke
-The person that cut the police force and funding progressively
-The person that predicted that they would win by a landslide and resorted to a coalition with the DUP

and most importantly ....drumroll....

-The person that made a deal with Saudi arabia for weapons, and Saudi arabia is known for funding groups such as ISIS...no one asks where ISIS get military grade weapons do they... well now you know what taxpayers are contributing to
Original post by Alaio1

She wont though and certainly not to that extent. If you hadnt noticed she is in a weak government and she is a PM who lost her own majority. You dont know what you are talking about.

If you feel you must leave the country, then so be it.
If you can see the difference between dieing to someone whose sole aim is to kill you and dieing to someone who is supposed to protect you, then you really have no sense.
Original post by .A_C.
Islamic state turned into a household name practically overnight, when they were at their peak of capturing lots of territory in the middle east.

Therefore, it would absolutely not be enough to make you pack your bags to the nearest airport. Although if I was the PM, I would be making the rules so tough, so strict that people would not be able to see anything on the internet about IS - it would all be censored.

That is like Chinese style internet monitoring - I know. But don't think for a second that the internet isn't monitored in the UK... Because it always has been under the secrecy of many agencies and computer nerds.

The security services, MI6 spies would monitor exactly everything on the suspect's screen. If anything more is said about attacks, going to join IS etc then it should be logged and looked into immediately, and properly investigated.

From this, an informed decision should be made.

It shouldn't be properly investigated...from a muslims point of view
if anyone makes any link to extremism for example by stating they are going to join ISIS should be detained/deported immediately...they're a safety hazard for everyone including muslims... + the quicker you get rid of them the less bs they can spread to others since it's always youngsters who are gullible

Additionally more precaution should be taken with people that follow the wahabi sect...the sect saudi is run by and the sect all these extremist groups run by...to distinguish between terrorist muslims and normal average your day to day joe muslim is the sects...this is what everyone needs to identify...to pick out these scum... Wahabism ...is a sect made in the 18th century... 1000 years after the initial founding of islam totally going against all reasoning and interpreting it wrong purposely promoting violence... but the government currently works with saudi so won't expose their pro-extremist conservative sect... so we need to expose them ....cause every normal muslim following the normal sunni sect with the 4 traditional teachings knows that terrorism is prohibited....
Reply 18
Original post by 999tigger
She wont though.

Another great un - supported statement from you as per usual. Not only are you a stalker you're also a fantastic debater! :laugh:
Original post by Alaio1

Perhaps the Prime Minister will lock you up as well. Who knows what she can find from your message and internet history.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending