The Student Room Group

Mosques condemning radical Islamic terrorism, isn't enough.

Sure it's a step in the right direction to eradicate radical Islamic terrorism, but it's a tiny one at that.

Mosques, particularly the one in Didsbury, which although expressed outrage and unequivocal condemnation of terrorism following the Manchester bombing, have failed to answer why so many radical preachers with Al Qaeda links were allowed to speak in the mosque. (There's a script of Maajid Nawaz's polemic in the link)

Applaud the mosque for standing up against ISIS, when they allow these *******s to speak?!

This is hypocrisy.

The anti-Semitism, anti-West, anti-gay, anti-apostate, anti-woman, anti-Liberal views these preachers have are the biggest danger to our communities and breed national and international Jihadists.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Would you look here... http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05/26/question-time-audience-member-claims-given-anti-west-leaflet/

An audience member on BBC’s Question Time claimed he was given an “anti-West” leaflet at Didsbury Mosque in Manchester which suicide bomber Salman Abedi attended.

Watch the short video clip, and you'll notice at one point, in the crowd, the BBC's token Muslim...

https://twitter.com/KTHopkins/status/874979289350930433
So what do u suggest exactly? Isis supporters and preachers are sick individuals who are filled with hatred. They're messed up. Why should the rest of the 99% be held accountable for them when they don't share the same views and hate them more than u do.

I'm guessing other Christians and churches should do something about KKK members too right?
Original post by Ribbit1234
So what do u suggest exactly? Isis supporters and preachers are sick individuals who are filled with hatred. They're messed up. Why should the rest of the 99% be held accountable for them when they don't share the same views and hate them more than u do.

I'm guessing other Christians and churches should do something about KKK members too right?

You believe that the KKK is still even vaguely prominent?

I saw an infographic on this, I'll dig it up.

Edit: this is the infographic
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 4

Like Maajid Nawaz stated we need to isolate the radical voices.

Mosques, like Didsbury mosque, need to show us they're 100% with us in the fight against radicalism. Having them host such despicable people leads us, non-Muslims, to believe otherwise.

They already have.

The KKK is virtually defunct.
Reply 5
Original post by Mathemagicien
Churches allow KKK members to speak in the church?

Original post by _gcx
You believe that the KKK is still even vaguely prominent?

I saw an infographic on this, I'll dig it up.

The first comment on this thread, my additional comments aside, was whataboutery:

Really makes you think.
LOOOOLL ive never heard of mosques letting Isis supporters speak in mosques. It's the opposite of what they preach. They know young people are impressionable and advice them to stay away from radicalists and report them.

I should know, I'm a Muslim who goes to mosques. Who are u Mathew? Have u ever been to a mosque? Or do u just think all mosques are like the one u read on the daily mail? It might come as a surprise to u, majority of mosques are not like these and these certain mosques are in the papers in the first place for a reason
Original post by Mathemagicien
Churches allow KKK members to speak in the church?
Original post by Dodgypirate

The anti-Semitism, anti-West, anti-gay, anti-apostate, anti-woman, anti-Liberal .

As long as they are not inciting a crime, I see no problem with the expression of views pertaining to the above.
How about y'all stop bombing innocent civilians in other countries like Syria which obviously angers isis members which want to do the same to this country for REVENGE--KEY WORD HERE. It comes both ways, and stop claiming the government is "accidentally" dropping bombs and killing HUGE numbers of innocent civilians. Sometimes it's not muslims that are the route of the problem yannoe. It's strange how Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria and probably more countries are destroyed just for greed and desire (probably oil and money) when they want to "restore peace" (how ironic!) isn't it?

Muslims have tried all they can to avoid being slapped in the face on the streets to prove that they aren't associated with these hooligans, but for some reason "it's never enough".

I know after this some dude is gonna be "SO YOU SUPPORT ISIS HUH?" No you numpties.
Reply 9
LOOOOLL ive never heard of mosques letting Isis supporters speak in mosques. It's the opposite of what they preach. They know young people are impressionable and advice them to stay away from radicalists and report them.

I should know, I'm a Muslim who goes to mosques. Who are u Mathew? Have u ever been to a mosque? Or do u just think all mosques are like the one u read on the daily mail? It might come as a surprise to u, majority of mosques are not like these and these certain mosques are in the papers in the first place for a reason

You, right now:

Have you read my post?
Original post by _gcx
As long as they are not inciting a crime, I see no problem with the expression of views pertaining to the above.

Which is the exact same excuse these radical preachers use to avoid being deported...

"We aren't inciting crime... so what if that guy who blew up 23 people attended the mosque where I preach... I'm innocent, I didn't blow them up, although I might have told people in kill infidels... don't blame me!"
(edited 6 years ago)

It's odd that you mentioned this only after you implied that they do, ie. the apparent tu quoque presented in your initial post. In this post, lies another contradiction. You previously stated that you have never heard of mosques allowing "extremist" speakers, and then proceeded to say "well, not all mosques".
Original post by geniequeen48
How about y'all stop bombing innocent civilians in other countries like Syria which obviously angers isis members which want to do the same to this country for REVENGE--KEY WORD HERE. It comes both ways, and stop claiming the government is "accidentally" dropping bombs and killing HUGE numbers of innocent civilians. Sometimes it's not muslims that are the route of the problem yannoe. It's strange how Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria and probably more countries are destroyed just for greed and desire (probably oil and money) when they want to "restore peace" (how ironic!) isn't it?

Muslims have tried all they can to avoid being slapped in the face on the streets to prove that they aren't associated with these hooligans, but for some reason "it's never enough".

I know after this some dude is gonna be "SO YOU SUPPORT ISIS HUH?" No you numpties.

So, what do you suggest we do to prevent extremism?
Which is the exact same excuse these radical preachers use to avoid being deported...

Excuse? Should we ban other extremist ideologies too, by that logic?
Reply 14
ngl but what more do you want us Muslims to do other than condemn the attacks? we're just as annoyed about them all as you are. we don't have direct links to these maniacs to say "hey stop pls" ???
Original post by _gcx
Excuse? Should we ban other extremist ideologies too, by that logic?

Radical Islam preachings are stepping stones for terrorists.

Why not ban them?
Original post by Zentox
ngl but what more do you want us Muslims to do other than condemn the attacks? we're just as annoyed about them all as you are. we don't have direct links to these maniacs to say "hey stop pls" ???

I've already told you, and if you had bothered to read/watch Maajid Nawaz on LBC, you would have understood.

Isolate the radical Islamic preachers, stop them from speaking in your mosques and build strong intra and inter-community relations.
Reply 17
I've already told you, and if you had bothered to read/watch Maajid Nawaz on LBC, you would have understood.

Isolate the radical Islamic preachers, stop them from speaking in your mosques and build strong intra and inter-community relations.

Right, and if I was to tell you that this has (in my community) always been going on? Many radical preachers are stopped from talking at mosques/unis/events all the time (UK)
Original post by Zentox
Right, and if I was to tell you that this has (in my community) always been going on? Many radical preachers are stopped from talking at mosques/unis/events all the time (UK)

That's fantastic! But this needs to happen in all mosques.

I've just shown you one that hasn't bothered...

Weed them all out!

The average muslim goes to the mosque once a week for less than 30 minutes, rest of the time they're living their life like you thinking about their day to day problems like you. You can say members of mosques shold do what you say and I agree but I'm afraid there really is very little the average muslim can do.

Latest

Trending

Trending