The Student Room Group

AQA A-level Economics new 7136 - 06, 13 & 19 Jun 2017 [Exam Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

what are some different ways of creating a comparative advantage
Can someone do a model answer for the 10 marker, either spec paper idm. Pleaseeeee
Original post by Nuggetsarelife
Can someone do a model answer for the 10 marker, either spec paper idm. Pleaseeeee

My teacher gave me this in class
Reply 1083
How should we answer the longer essay questions? Like a paragraph on macro then a paragraph on micro? or just combine both in all the paragraphs?
Original post by Krystal18
My teacher gave me this in class

Is there a response for the 25 marker by any chance :smile: ?
Original post by GGHarambe
((120x2)+(90x1))/3

Price index of x times by weight plus prices index of good y all divided by the sum of weights.

where does 90 x 1 come from?
Original post by gcsestud
How did you calculate this?

Original post by nellythumper
Well, the way I did it was to work out real GDP per capita in 2005 which was obviously 100/100=1. Then work out real GDP per capita in 2014, real GDP was (200/150)*100 which gave you 400/3. Then divide 400/3 by the population of 120 to get 400/360 which was 1.1111... (recurring). So now its just a percentage change of (1.11111...-1)/1 then *100 to get a percentage and this came out to 11.1111...%. But I would have thought the answer would be exactly 10% if that was one of the options.

I don't understand why they wouldn't give it as an exact answer
Original post by Kaasi
where does 90 x 1 come from?

That is the weighting of good Y
Original post by GGHarambe
((120x2)+(90x1))/3

Price index of x times by weight plus prices index of good y all divided by the sum of weights.

Yes, but how did you work that out
That is the weighting of good Y

dont worry im a retard
just got it
anyone done mcqs from the aqa book for macro?
Original post by Sap434
anyone done mcqs from the aqa book for macro?

The textbook? I'm doing those tomorrow to get my brain in gear.
Original post by FTSE420
Mentioning thr ageing population was one of the best things you could have said in my opinion. The ageing population in Japan is one of the key reasons for their prolonged deflation. Monetary policy is likely to be ineffective in a place like Japan since such reflationary policy is unlikely to work due to the MPC of elderly people being far lower than younger people. Also, the fact that it wasn't mentioned in the extract shows good knowledge of Japan's economy - it's a superb evaluative point. I was surprised at how so many people discarded this factor in determining the effectiveness of interest rates because it's a huge factor, especially in Japan and increasingly in the developed world.

Ty ^_^ hopefully the examiner agrees!
The textbook? I'm doing those tomorrow to get my brain in gear.

Yeah the mcqs of macro section... qs 6. I dont know the anws to it.... couldnt find any mark scheme for it either... i guess let me know what u think the anws is... ty
Original post by Sap434
Yeah the mcqs of macro section... qs 6. I dont know the anws to it.... couldnt find any mark scheme for it either... i guess let me know what u think the anws is... ty

Macro MCQ answers for AS book is:
b
b
b
c
d
c
b
b
b
c
Macro MCQ answer for A2 book is:
b
b
a
a
b
a
d
c
c
b
My teacher marked them
Not looking forward to multiple choice it's the one thing I strangely can never do
This paper I really need to nail because I messed up on Micro and made some silly errors on Macro. Struggled for 2 years in economics and this paper is literally my enemy, never been good at multiple choice and I'm worried the 25 maker will be on one of my weakest areas.. no matter how many times I go over poverty, globalisation, protectionism or markets I just can't get it round my head or retain the information.
I'm hoping for a miracle right now..
Grade boundaries for a U?
Remember guys we want low grade boundaries for this paper :wink:

(Pls pls)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending