The Student Room Group

Vehicle collides with pedestrians in London Finsbury Park

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Meany Pie
Oh, I thought you might have had a little more to say.

Stop being a smart ass.

I can say a lot when it comes to racist white bigots but this isn't not the topic for it.
Reply 421
Original post by queen-bee
You have. You called me an Islamist apologist for whatever ****ing reason.
An apologist is someone who defends a political/ideological/religious position. You have certainly been doing that. You would have to quote the post in question to see what I called you an apologist for, but you have certainly been an apologist for Islam.
Accurately describing someone is not personally denigrating them.

Stop denigrating Muslims.
I didn't realise I had started. Perhaps you could quote one of my posts where I did that?

If you have a problem with Islam that's down to you but Muslims are humans just like you and I,so stop making them seem like worthless beings. And unfortunately so many people on this thread have the same thought and as you
Oh, I see. You think that criticising and challenging an ideology is the same as dehumanising its followers.
It's not, and you can't prevent criticism of Islam by pretending that it is.
Reply 422
Your posts speak for themselves habibi
Yeah. That's kinda the idea.
However, it seems that some aren't too good at listening. They hear what they want to hear, and disregard the rest.
Reply 423
Original post by constantine2016
Also can everyone please have some respect for the victims and not turn this into a debate about religion?
It is impossible for discussions of such events not to centre around ideological issues, once it goes beyond the basic "this is wrong, inexcusable and unjustifiable" because someone will always make some comment about justification or whataboutery, etc.
And up with that, I will not put.
Original post by QE2
An apologist is someone who defends a political/ideological/religious position. You have certainly been doing that. You would have to quote the post in question to see what I called you an apologist for, but you have certainly been an apologist for Islam.
Accurately describing someone is not personally denigrating them.

I didn't realise I had started. Perhaps you could quote one of my posts where I did that?

Oh, I see. You think that criticising and challenging an ideology is the same as dehumanising its followers.
It's not, and you can't prevent criticism of Islam by pretending that it is.

So defending Muslims and saying they are a high risk group makes one an islamist apologist? You really do need help.

And I'm accurately describing you as an islamophobic *******
Reply 425
Original post by Trapz99
No. You said that non-Muslims are more likely to be victims of Islamic attacks than Muslims being victims of Islamophobic attacks. Where is the statistic that you used to make that point? Unless you can point me to a specific link, you're just making this up.
What? Seriously?

Ok, I'll explain. If we know the number of deaths and injuries from Islamist attacks over a period of time, and we also know the numbers for islamophobic attacks over the same period, and we know the relative sizes of the populations involved, we can work out the likelihood of one versus another.

"Science. It works, *****es!"
Reply 426
Original post by WhoDaresWins
Jesus Christ, it's like he has verbal diarrhoea.
Please just stop.
So, no grounds then.
You just disagree with me so you want me banned.
How very modern of you.
Original post by QE2
It is impossible for discussions of such events not to centre around ideological issues, once it goes beyond the basic "this is wrong, inexcusable and unjustifiable" because someone will always make some comment about justification or whataboutery, etc.
And up with that, I will not put.

The discussion could move in the direction of whether terrorist attacks will continue to increase with May in power as she originally planned to make cuts to the police and our emergency services. It is amazing that the police have still managed to respond quickly to these attacks despite being underfunded.

We shouldn't just be looking at protecting mosques. We should also be extra vigilant on jihadis who could be planning to do another terror attack in response to this one.
Reply 428
So defending Muslims and saying they are a high risk group makes one an islamist apologist? You really do need help.
I don't think I called you an "Islamist apologist" for saying that Muslims are a high-risk group. I did challenge your assertion though, on the grounds of relative inaccuracy, or at least of being misleading.

And I'm accurately describing you as an islamophobic *******
The OED describes Islamophobia as "Dislike of Islam, especially as a political force", which absolutely fits. It also describes it as "Discrimination against Muslims" (I know, confusing isn't it?), which is something I have never done.
I cannot comment on the rude word because it is starred out, but it could well be accurate.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by hpcp
Hate crimes in general are under reported

Posted from TSR Mobile

That cannot be proven.
Reply 430
Original post by Rooster11366
That cannot be proven.

In media I mean
Like terror attacks are going to get more publicity

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MrDystopia
Feel free to comment. The notion 'we do nothing' when I have to sift 19 pages of this nonsense everytime there's a tragedy is pretty amusing to me. That and I'm only a single person who can't devote 24 hours to policing threads.

In any case, report away, it would make the CT/my job easier in knowing what to remove.

Original post by Reality Check
We actually do a hell of a lot about this sort of thing - far more than you realise.

"I guess that as a Muslim, you are referring to the non-Muslims in here?"

So apparently because I'm Muslim I find non-Muslims vile.

I can't voice disgust at people always using these incidences to start scoring polictical points. With no regard for those injured/killed. Imagine how it feels for someone who has lost someone due to one of these attacks?

And for some reason to some people, my opinion is invalid and I have to start defending my religion for no reason. When you can't say anything without this ******** said to you, wouldn't you feel pissed off.

The thing is,most of them would never dare say the same thing to a Muslim on the street. That's anonymity for you. It gives them a great sense of confidence. Just keep reporting. TSR should take a tough stance,too and not let it carry on. Most of them are low key racists also. They can't go a whole week without having to rant about minorities or Muslims blah blah blah.

I've raised it with the CT before, only to get ignored and not even acknowledged. I've given up, we just have to continue watching this place get swarmed by people insisting "ISIS are true Muslims" or right wing rhetoric.

Stopping extremist views posted to young people doesn't matter it seems.
Original post by QE2
What? Seriously?

Ok, I'll explain. If we know the number of deaths and injuries from Islamist attacks over a period of time, and we also know the numbers for islamophobic attacks over the same period, and we know the relative sizes of the populations involved, we can work out the likelihood of one versus another.

"Science. It works, *****es!"

Number of Islamophobic attacks in the UK per year:
3.5*365 = 1277

(Source: http://www.independent.co.uk/News/uk/crime/london-bridge-attack-latest-rise-islamophobic-hate-crimes-borough-market-stabbing-terror-police-a7777451.html)
Number of people killed or injured in UK terror attacks in last 12 months:
36 dead, 216 injured = 252 total
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by constantine2016
The discussion could move in the direction of whether terrorist attacks will continue to increase with May in power as she originally planned to make cuts to the police and our emergency services. It is amazing that the police have still managed to respond quickly to these attacks despite being underfunded.

There could have been 300 police standing outside that mosque, it wouldn't have made a difference.
Reply 434
People haven't blocked that **** QE2 yet? Just do it, trust me, he's a clown
Original post by Meany Pie
Which was the other example?

Thomas Mair perhaps? Could name many more.
Reply 436
I would bet money just to prove QE2 is a lowkey closet-racist
Original post by zezno
People haven't blocked that **** QE2 yet? Just do it, trust me, he's a clown

He hasn't broken any rules

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hate the way people are saying this is revenge and that somehow makes it ok. Imagine if a Muslim now drives their car into a group of Christian or whatever, and it is revenge for this attack? Would the same people be so understanding?
I thought 2016 was **** but this year is worse.Wtf has happened to humanity

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending