The Student Room Group

Edexcel A level Physics Paper 2 (New Spec) - 21st June

Paper was sweet as hell imo - lots of waves, materials and radioactivity. I suspect they're saving the hard stuff for paper 3.

Post your answers and we can compare/compile an unofficial markscheme.

Scroll to see replies

was the astronomical distance question c, How to find distance not using standard candles or using standard candles?
Original post by DrNippleson
was the astronomical distance question c, How to find distance not using standard candles or using standard candles?

I think it was how to find it using standard candles
Original post by Hiling99
I think it was how to find it using standard candles

I think it was how not to
What do you think the grade for A* would be?
was it just me, or was question 19 b i out by a factor of 10? i got 2.4x10¹⁷ consistently where it wanted ≈3x10¹⁸
Original post by vuquach99
I think it was how not to

Oh well, if that's the case then I got it wrong.
I thought the last two questions were quite challenging... didn't get enough time to do them :frown:
Reply 8
I thought standard candles was the last thing to measure distances to I left it
Reply 9
Original post by Unnamed User
I thought the last two questions were quite challenging... didn't get enough time to do them :frown:

Agreed, neither did I
Original post by Duckington
was it just me, or was question 19 b i out by a factor of 10? i got 2.4x10¹⁷ consistently where it wanted ≈3x10¹⁸

Yeah I got 0.01 instead of the 0.001 the said in the statement.

For the angle question I got 10.84.
can anyone remember what their answer was for the efficiency of the Geiger-Muller counter?
Reply 12
Original post by Heathliz
Agreed, neither did I

SAME here
Reply 13
can anyone remember what their answer was for the efficiency of the Geiger-Muller counter?

I got 70. Sth
Original post by tracyvo
I got 70. Sth

wasn't 70... the lenses question?

I Got 14.7% but I'm pretty sure that's wrong
Reply 16
The GM tube was about 0.84% I think, the cornea was 70.3% of the eye's power, angle was 10.8, roughly 13 day orbital period for the black holes, and the change in length of the arm was 0.005 times the diameter of the proton (so same order of magnitude as 0.001, but 5x larger)
Reply 17
^^
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by suzy4444
I Got 14.7% but I'm pretty sure that's wrong

it sounds better than my answer, I got 0.84%
Original post by Xepheria_
The GM tube was about 0.84% I think, the cornea was 70.3% of the eye's power, angle was 10.8, roughly 13 day orbital period for the black holes, and the change in length of the arm was 0.005 times the diameter of the proton (so same order of magnitude as 0.001, but 5x larger)

How did you work out the power of the cornea?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending