The Student Room Group

Msc Management Ucl 2017 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by mba1413
Did they send you an email notifying the update? Or did you just check portico yourself? Thanks!

I got a email from them saying "This email is to inform you that there has been a change in the status of this application. You can log into UCL’s portal to view your new application status."
Anyone doing MSc Finance?
Reply 82
Original post by morganddavies
Anyone doing MSc Finance?

Me! 👋
Original post by kms.rrs
Me! 👋

👋

Have you accepted your offer yet? Are you international student?
I have to wait 8 weeks until the course starts to apply for funding, still sitting on the offer really want to accept
Reply 84
Original post by kms.rrs
I got a email from them saying "This email is to inform you that there has been a change in the status of this application. You can log into UCL’s portal to view your new application status."

Got it!

Thank you!

That's quite unusual, most schools just email you directly the update.
Reply 85
Hi guys, what housing options are you considering? I'm still confused between living close to Bloomsbury Campus or Canary Wharf. Bloomsbury seems more student-friendly and has Camden Town close, plus has all the advantages the main campus could offer. Anyone has any insights on this?
Reply 86
Original post by Faraazzaheer
Ya I have been trying calling them but they aren't responding to my call. I even sent an email to both admission team and course administrator but they didn't reply to my email either.
It's getting so frustrating now! I hope they give us an offer after keeping us on hold for such a long time 😥
Heyy, Have you received any response from ucl? I'm still waiting. It takes a pretty long time 😓
Original post by Snowiee
Heyy, Have you received any response from ucl? I'm still waiting. It takes a pretty long time 😓

Hey! I got an email from the department on Thursday that my application has been successful and they will be sending me an official offer letter next week. My portico status is still the same but I am hoping that it will also change next week.
Reply 88
Original post by Faraazzaheer
Hey! I got an email from the department on Thursday that my application has been successful and they will be sending me an official offer letter next week. My portico status is still the same but I am hoping that it will also change next week.
Wow, congrats!! that is a good news for you and thank you so much hope they'll reply me soon.
Reply 89
Hi! I was wondering if anybody heard back from the university. I emailed them and they said 28 of july latest. But my application is still the same status.
Reply 90
Hi, I have offers for MSC in Management for 2018/2019 from both UCL and CASS and don't know which to choose, it seems CASS is a higher rated business school whereas UCL has a greater overall reputation. Can anyone help by sharing their experiences of either course (I have never studied business before)Thanks!
I was in the same boat as you last year. I decided to go with UCL in the end given its reputation and ranking worldwide as a whole. Though, I don’t regret my choice and it’s leaves an impression when you tell someone that you are studying at UCL, I really feel that the course content was way better at CASS. Here at UcL, you have limited choice in terms of module selection, and tbh with you I don’t think I have had the opportunity of learning much apart from some basic accounting (which I enjoyed a lot).
So I would suggest that if keep university ranking aside then you should definitely go with CASS and the kind of modules they offer there are worth studying and after finishing your course you actually feel like you KNOW STUFF!
Moreover, I am based in Route A, which means I don’t get to study finance as much as I wanted to, and now when I am applying for jobs in finance I feel that apart from some basic accounting I didn’t learn much from this course that I could apply in job, and most of my knowledge about finance comes from my extra reading on internet.
Therefore, the bottom line is that if I could into the past and fix this, then I would definitely go to CASS business school for my MSc Management, because more than the university ranking what’s more important to me is knowledge and learnings about my course.
Original post by Myian96
Hi, I have offers for MSC in Management for 2018/2019 from both UCL and CASS and don't know which to choose, it seems CASS is a higher rated business school whereas UCL has a greater overall reputation. Can anyone help by sharing their experiences of either course (I have never studied business before)Thanks!

Hi, can you share the questions you got for the online interview please? that would be really helpful!!!
Reply 93
tiot
Original post by danaxx92
Nope. I contacted them again and they said the admissions tutor wasn't able to review in time.

I got an offer from Imperial for MSc Management though, so the Cass deadline doesn't matter anymore. UCL is my first choice - if I get an offer I'll go for it, but Imperial is a very solid backup.

Did you apply to Imperial?

heyy congrats on your offers! was wondering if you'd be so kind to share some questions on interviews for MSc Management for both Imperial and UCL if you remember any? Thanks! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending