The Student Room Group
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth

Portsmouth university 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by katieemmaa
Very nice!! Best of luck to you! What subjects are you studying?

Thank you! The Portsmouth course is Criminology with Forensic Studies - best of luck to you too!!
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth
PORTSMOUTH FRESHERS ONLY PLS A few (a lot) of us have made a Facebook group to get to know eachother before freshers, so if you wanna join send me a friend request and I'll add you to it https://www.facebook.com/groups/2001111380117621/
(edited 6 years ago)
Hi :smile: I'm a maths undergrad (1st year) and absolutley love Portsmouth uni, was very close to choosing Exeter instead but am overjoyed with my final decision. Any questions at all feel free to ask :biggrin:
Got an unconditional offer for the MSc in Forensic Psychology :smile: still deciding, waiting for other universities to get back to me so I see my options and compare
Original post by SneezeonmyFace
Langstone if you don't mind the travel for work/fun and want to save money for other things (such as travel, which it seems might be the biggest cost of living there)

Literally all others (minus bateson) if you don't mind paying the extra for a city life close to clubs/parties/food etc

just don't chose Bateson

Agreed - Bateson is the grimmest Portsmouth Hall, really could do with refurbing. Hopefully they do when Margaret Rule hall has this summer.

I've seen a lot worse accommodation than Portsmouth. Nicest halls from experience are greetham, James Watson (always has the best parties even in fresher's) and trust hall on langstone. Bus runs every 20 mins in the week which I was rather impressed with!

Anyone applying for marine science etc would probably be best going for langstone as it's really close to IMS. Other wise the IMS bus only runs every hour (I think) from town
On people's student finance. When you go to view your finances does it say status waiting for confirmation next to all your scheduled payments?
I'm going to do Criminology and Forensic studies :smile: anyone else?
(edited 6 years ago)
I've been accepted onto the MRes Science course within the Psychology department at Portsmouth Uni! :biggrin:
No, think they're aiming to let us know within the next week

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi guys, Hannah from the Student Housing team here. We are so sorry for the delay getting the accommodation emails out to everyone but as Bethg127 says, it's very soon! Apologies once again, we know you are all very keen to find out!
Original post by courtswakefield
I've applied for History and I'll be choosing Portsmouth as my first choice, but, i'm worried I won't get the grades, does anyone know how lenient the uni is? I need BCC.

Hey, i don't know if anyone else has replied to you yet, but I already had my A-Level's when i applied to Portsmouth and i got an unconditional offer for History this year with the grades BCD!! Hopefully see ya in September!
I got my accommodation email!!😁 Anyone else get Catherine House??
You got yours today? :redface:
I'm still waiting for mine :frown:
Original post by George_93
You got yours today? :redface:
I'm still waiting for mine :frown:

Check the portal thing, I received it on there not an email 🙈
Got mine on Wednesday, I'm in Catherine house :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bethg127

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just accepted it, what are you studying??
I have an unconditional offer to do Dental Hygiene & Therapy (starting 2017) & I've had an offer for accommodation in Cathrine House Halls

Original post by tescomealdeal
who is going to university of Portsmouth 2017?
Me too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm Catherine House too ☺️
Original post by Mattehow
PORTSMOUTH FRESHERS ONLY PLS A few (a lot) of us have made a Facebook group to get to know eachother before freshers, so if you wanna join send me a friend request and I'll add you to it https://www.facebook.com/groups/2001111380117621/

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm studying childhood and youth studies with psychology Hollie!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending