The Student Room Group

[Need] I am having a hard time choosing uni [Help]

Hi.
I was an IB student who recently received the grade of 34 points. Until yesterday, I was planning to apply Geography with a year in industry course at UEA. I already received an unconditional offer and CAS.

But yesterday, my IB coordinator at school sent me an E-mail to inform the change in grade despite I didn't even ask for a remark. Fortunately my grade actually went up by 1 point and now I am achieving 35 points in total.

I think many of IB students are aware of the huge diff between 34 and 35 points when it comes to applying to university... I am now start considering to make an adjustment on UCAS to see if there is any university I could re-apply.

It is kinda good news to hear that grade has been improved but at same time I don't really wanna take a risk of withdrawing the unconditional offer at UEA and fail to make the adjustment.

I basically want to ask whether I should stick with UEA or not. And I appreciate if you guys can give me the info of other universities that I could apply with the grade that I currently have. The course I would like to apply is Physical Geography.

My grade:
HL Geography: 6
HL DesignTech:5
HL Eng B:5
SL Bio:5
SL JapaneseA:6
SL Math Stu.: 6
and additional 2 points with TOK and EE.

Thank you.
Original post by Corumo
Hi.
I was an IB student who recently received the grade of 34 points. Until yesterday, I was planning to apply Geography with a year in industry course at UEA. I already received an unconditional offer and CAS.

But yesterday, my IB coordinator at school sent me an E-mail to inform the change in grade despite I didn't even ask for a remark. Fortunately my grade actually went up by 1 point and now I am achieving 35 points in total.

I think many of IB students are aware of the huge diff between 34 and 35 points when it comes to applying to university... I am now start considering to make an adjustment on UCAS to see if there is any university I could re-apply.

It is kinda good news to hear that grade has been improved but at same time I don't really wanna take a risk of withdrawing the unconditional offer at UEA and fail to make the adjustment.

I basically want to ask whether I should stick with UEA or not. And I appreciate if you guys can give me the info of other universities that I could apply with the grade that I currently have. The course I would like to apply is Physical Geography.

My grade:
HL Geography: 6
HL DesignTech:5
HL Eng B:5
SL Bio:5
SL JapaneseA:6
SL Math Stu.: 6
and additional 2 points with TOK and EE.

Thank you.

You can't ask people to do your research for you. We don't know what universities you will like or what your academic interests are (BSc geography degrees can vary a lot, look at the course module options).

While you are looking for a place in Adjustment, you keep your existing uni place (in your case, UEA). If you try Adjustment but don't find anything, you keep the place you already have. You have nothing to lose by using Adjustment.
Reply 2
Original post by Snufkin
You can't ask people to do your research for you. We don't know what universities you will like or what your academic interests are (BSc geography degrees can vary a lot, look at the course module options).

While you are looking for a place in Adjustment, you keep your existing uni place (in your case, UEA). If you try Adjustment but don't find anything, you keep the place you already have. You have nothing to lose by using Adjustment.

Thank you Snufkin. I appreciate for the quick reply.
You are right. It wasn't my intention to ask everyone to do all my research. The main thing is that i wanted to hear other people's idea on making adjustment.

I am relieve to hear that I don't have to withdraw the choice to re-apply other uni...
Thank you very much. I will definitely look through other choices.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending