The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by _princessxox
I see, the things you mentioned have never affected me so we probably have very different experiences. Tbh whenever I've been up north I've felt so out of place and also expect them to be friendlier than they are bc of the stereotype lol

agree. but I find that once they get to know you they're very accepting and nice. good bants too
Original post by returnmigrant
Please do not feed the troll.

This is a mindless post - and anyone joining in is being equally dim.

lol i'm not a troll and its a fun debate topic that's why i chose it. :smile:
Original post by Drunk Punx
You've been going to the wrong pubs mate. Even in London I've never paid more than a fiver for a pint (a fiver being extortionate pricing anyway).

Back in the day a pint used to cost me £2.90 in the South East, now it's around the £3.60 mark. Most expensive mixer I've seen is £7.20 for a double, but that's purely because the guy was trying to run a predominantly ale pub and didn't want the mixer market.

Even still, there are pub/bars up North where you can get any mixer for 49p if you go for their happy hours.
Original post by Pirko
agree. but I find that once they get to know you they're very accepting and nice. good bants too

Yeah I do have some friends from up north who are lovely but I don't think I'd be comfortable living there or anything like that
Reply 44
Original post by _princessxox
Yeah I do have some friends from up north who are lovely but I don't think I'd be comfortable living there or anything like that

:lol:

yeah 100% agree on that one, couldn't pay me to live out of London
Original post by Pirko
:lol:

yeah 100% agree on that one, couldn't pay me to live out of London

You'd have to pay me to live in London because I just could not afford it.. :laugh:

Your jaw will drop when you see how much "more house" you get for your money up North.
Original post by Cubone-r
Even still, there are pub/bars up North where you can get any mixer for 49p if you go for their happy hours.

Dear god, I definitely would've ended up an alcoholic if I was born up North with those prices on offer. Almost makes the prices we pay down here worth it :lol:
Neither. Midlanders are the best.
Original post by MyMagicEyebrow
Neither. Midlanders are the best.

The Midlands doesn't exist :wink:
The Midlands doesn't exist :wink:

Original post by mymagiceyebrow

u woooootttt
The problem with Southerners, specifically those from London, is they can't cope with the cold when they come North and the clean air causes them to have coughing fits.
Reply 52
I love living down south so definitely, although I was in London the other day thinking I’d probably never wanna live there. I prefer villages on the outskirts and living there just takes away the fun vibe about it, although I wouldn’t spending a year living there just not permanently moving there
Original post by Quantex
The problem with Southerners, specifically those from London, is they can't cope with the cold when they come North and the clean air causes them to have coughing fits.

And the tap water tastes like sh*t too.
Original post by zayn008
I love living down south so definitely, although I was in London the other day thinking I’d probably never wanna live there. I prefer villages on the outskirts and living there just takes away the fun vibe about it, although I wouldn’t spending a year living there just not permanently moving there

I agree, London is a nice place for a visit, but I could never live there. I don't know how people do it.
There is a place called the Midlands...
Original post by FallenEyelash
There is a place called the Midlands...

I know, but it's a joke because whenever there is a North/South debate, the Midlanders try and enter the discussion and most of the time northerners and southerners just discount their existence, mostly banter :P
Reply 57
I agree, London is a nice place for a visit, but I could never live there. I don't know how people do it.

It’s just so overcrowded and so overpriced, it’d be a headache trying to raise a family there. Also you wouldn’t be able to excite your kids by saying we’re going to London. Driving would also suck in all that traffic, oh and I’d rather not die from air pollution
Northerners are definitely a lot more friendly and welcoming.
Midlands > East Anglia > North > South

Latest