The Student Room Group

Have not met one of my conditions - panicking!

One of my conditions for my PGCE was for me to complete 5-10 days in a primary school. When I first saw this I stupidly assumed that this was just the primary experience that I had already gained (before I applied for the PGCE) and that this had simply been overlooked by them. But I looked over my conditions again recently and realised that it could be in addition to the experience I've already gained. So I got in touch with them and they confirmed that it is in addition. Now most schools have broken up so I'm screwed and won't be able to get this for September. I've met the rest of the conditions and have emailed them to see if anything can be done, and they said they would get back to me.

What are the chances that I will still be accepted?!
Reply 1
How many have you done?

Can you find a school, even a private one, that may help?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bob0079
How many have you done?

Can you find a school, even a private one, that may help?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Previously I had done 10 days. I will look around but most have just rejected me as it's such short notice :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
What was their acceptance criteria? Was it for more than 10 days? If their published criteria is the 10 days you have done, why would they ask for more? Was it long ago?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bob0079
What was their acceptance criteria? Was it for more than 10 days? If their published criteria is the 10 days you have done, why would they ask for more? Was it long ago?

Posted from TSR Mobile

They felt it would benefit me... hopefully they will let me off as it was not very clear at all! And it wasn't long ago, I literally did it over the summer before I applied so last year..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bob0079

Posted from TSR Mobile

And yes their original acceptance criteria was the 10 days

Posted from TSR Mobile
Maybe they will let you complete the ten days during the course i.e after school classes or holiday club. Offer them a reasonable solution rather than just panic.
Tbh they can easily over look it. They won't throw away £9000 because you haven't spent a few days in a school. Just ignore it and be like "oh really!"
Original post by 999tigger
Maybe they will let you complete the ten days during the course i.e after school classes or holiday club. Offer them a reasonable solution rather than just panic.

Okay thanks I will do

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Skyewoods
Tbh they can easily over look it. They won't throw away £9000 because you haven't spent a few days in a school. Just ignore it and be like "oh really!"

Yeh tbh when I first rang the admissions officer did not know about this condition. But I've already mentioned it to them now and they know I am aware of it. But I told them my reasoning for not having done it so hopefully they can be lenient, especially since I've exceeded my other conditions

Posted from TSR Mobile
lol they won't give a monkeys

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending