The Student Room Group

Conditions for conditional offer not complete for Strathclyde uni

I got a conditional offer for Strathclyde University for BA in Childhood Practice. The conditions are that I need to get a satisfactory reference from current employer and to pass a module to transition into higher education.

I got my references sent out but the box is still marked as incomplete. The module is still not sent out to me either. Is this normal? I'm worried the time limit for my conditional offer will expire if these conditions still aren't met. It's been a couple of days but I've applied for this since 30 January.

Help!
Original post by EmmaCoyne
I got a conditional offer for Strathclyde University for BA in Childhood Practice. The conditions are that I need to get a satisfactory reference from current employer and to pass a module to transition into higher education.

I got my references sent out but the box is still marked as incomplete. The module is still not sent out to me either. Is this normal? I'm worried the time limit for my conditional offer will expire if these conditions still aren't met. It's been a couple of days but I've applied for this since 30 January.

Help!

Give strathclyde a ring.

most people will have their offers stay conditional until August. Usually transition modules will run in the summer so there’s no need to worry
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Give strathclyde a ring.

most people will have their offers stay conditional until August. Usually transition modules will run in the summer so there’s no need to worry

Will I lose my space? They got 2 of my references this week but box is still incomplete. I've been told a conditional offer can get withdrawn if conditions aren't met within a time limit (21 days apparently?)
Original post by EmmaCoyne
Will I lose my space? They got 2 of my references this week but box is still incomplete. I've been told a conditional offer can get withdrawn if conditions aren't met within a time limit (21 days apparently?)

Who told you that?

Admissions staff are very busy at the moment (plus it’s half term in a lot of places so staff take time off). It can take few weeks for things like references to be processed.

What does your offer letter say is the deadline for meeting conditions?

Why would they withdraw you for not meeting conditions when one of the conditions is to attend a course they haven’t invited you to yet?

Ring them up. Check they received your references and ask when you will find out more about the transition course.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending