The Student Room Group

Looks vs. Personality

Do you judge others based on looks or personality?
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

bit of both
Reply 2
Ah the famous question.

Looks are important for the initial attraction but personality is what keeps you with them.
Reply 3
Same as you basically.

For a potential partner, I wouldn't want her to be hideous. Probably 55/45 spilt between looks and personality
Everyone judges based on both. Probably looks initially and then much more on personality over time

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think for most people it will be a bit of both. Initially, looks are going to grab attention and draw the eye, and for casual things I imagine they will suffice for a lot of people (although, definitely not all). For long-term relationships and such, then personality is a critical component.
Both but personality obviously matters more. A funny unattractive guy is better than a boring attractive guy but tbh the funny unattractive guy will become attractive.
Lol what
Original post by Emerald7770
Both but personality obviously matters more. A funny unattractive guy is better than a boring attractive guy but tbh the funny unattractive guy will become attractive.

There may be hope for me after all!

Spoiler

So length and girth don't matter?
couldnt care less what my friends look or dress like. im only friends with them because i enjoy being around them.

personality matters much more to me, i'd rather settle for a generic looking girl with a good personality than a really good looking chick whos a total ****
Looks initially then personality, idc if you look 10/10 if you're boring
PRSOM 😂😂😂
Who said you're boring? 😂
Definitely a mix of both. A girl can be a 10 but if her personality sucks or she's a nasty person that puts me right off. It goes both ways too. I've met girls who I've gradually grown to find attractive once I've got to know them better.
Rapping skills > Looks & Personality.
If she looks after her weight and hygiene, and also has the perfect personality, then her natural features don't matter too much.
In a sense, one's personality often dictates how they look, so both qualities go hand in hand. You could say both are crucial.
Reply 17
Sure. 👍

Spoiler

Personality is a nice thing to say like once but really if you don't help me out I'm not interested.
Indeed :sexface:

Tbh I think the answers in this thread were fairly predictable; very few people would say entirely one or the other whilst remaining honest.

Quick Reply

Latest