The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Meany Pie
Well I'm special :colonhash:

I thought I was special. :colonhash:
Original post by Tootles
If wearing shoes for a day is making your feet smell, there's something wrong with you. I wear boots, sometimes for whole days at a time, and they don't actually smell at the end of a day. Then again they're leather, well looked-after and well-cleaned, and I always make sure my feet are clean and that I'm wearing fresh socks.

Around the house, socks and slippers. When I'm out, either work boots or military boots - military boots especially if I'm walking a lot, because they have higher heels and make it easier to walk on my pathetic flat feet.

How is there something wrong with them? On a hot day your feet would sweat in shoes.
Original post by angelike1
How is there something wrong with them? On a hot day your feet would sweat in shoes.
Sweat, yes, but even freshly washed feet in freshly washed socks wouldn't smell after a day in shoes - even a hot day - unless you were wearing bad shoes. Plastic ones, or ones that are too tight. As I said, if I'm out I'll wear military boots for whole days at a time, with work socks. Even after a day of walking and lifting on a hot day, I generally won't smell when I take them off at the end of the day.

If your shoes are right, then either your feet are sweating too much (which you can't do much about) or you're wearing the wrong socks.
Original post by S2M
I thought I was special. :colonhash:

You thought wrong :h:
Reply 44
You thought wrong :h:

That's mean. :colonhash:
Original post by S2M
That's mean. :colonhash:

That's me :tong:
Reply 46
That's me :tong:

Girls are a lot meaner than boys. You made me cry. :frown:
Original post by S2M
Girls are a lot meaner than boys. You made me cry. :frown:

:eviltongue:
I just wear socks around the house - nothing else at all.
Original post by JamesH2017
I just wear socks around the house - nothing else at all.

Just one sock :sexface:
Just one sock :sexface:

No, I'm lucky enough to have two feet so I wear one sock on each foot - I'm fairly traditional in that way.
Reply 51
:eviltongue:

:angry:
Socks.....
Original post by CustomGirl
that's a good rule!! does she not allow socks?

She does luckily, just no shoes anywhere around the house.
Bare feet whenever possible, I don't like wearing socks or shoes ever.

Same here. I'm the regular barefoot princess! Hate wearing shoes unless I have to, so love kicking my shoes off even in public. At work, I pad around all day in my tights feet, and when I get home the first things that come off are my shoes!
A bit of both
(edited 6 years ago)
bear feet

:yep:
I was raised socks and shoes, but my children will be barefoot after reading up on what shoes do to your feet
Barefoot, I like to feel comfortable at home.
Original post by CustomGirl
I prefer bare feet because I like my toes to be unrestricted - socks just don't do it for me I can't cope with the slippy feeling on the floor!

+1. That's why I usually take off my tights as well as my shoes, as tights tend to slip more than socks. I also wear tights more often than socks.

I love being in bare feet whenever I can, as it just feels nice. I even prefer dancing barefoot, so when at a club or a party where there's music on, my shoes are always off. I find you can move your feet better that way to the beat of the music, and easier to spin round and stuff.

Anyone else prefer dancing in bare feet?

Amy
x

Latest