The Student Room Group

CGP student book vs OCR book

For a level biology ocr a, I was wondering which textbook is better to use when making notes? The CGP student book or the OCR book?
Reply 1
Original post by TasnimCh
For a level biology ocr a, I was wondering which textbook is better to use when making notes? The CGP student book or the OCR book?

The CGP books are really good for A-Levels apparently. I'm planning on buying CGP for when I start A-Level.
Reply 2
Original post by Black Water
The CGP books are really good for A-Levels apparently. I'm planning on buying CGP for when I start A-Level.

Thank you :smile:
Reply 3
Thank you :smile:

No problem. :smile:
I've finished my AS year, and I found it helpful to have both

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by fxlloutboyy
I've finished my AS year, and I found it helpful to have both

Posted from TSR Mobile

did you have one that you prefered? bc i already have the cgp revision guide so should i just get the ocr book instead?
I did OCR Biology and only used CGP student book and past papers, never touched any of the other books or any other resources, got an A*.
did you have one that you prefered? bc i already have the cgp revision guide so should i just get the ocr book instead?

It's difficult because they're different, the ocr text book gave more detail whereas the Cgp book are good for revision notes as it's shorter and less waffley. You should be given the ocr one from college

Quick Reply

Latest