The Student Room Group

How to effectively remember the conjugations?

I have studied French for 3 years (Year 7-9). I had to move back to a Christian School and the school didn't teach French. I quickly forgot how to conjugate IRREGULAR Verbs in French. I know how to conjugate REGULAR Verbs but IRREGULAR Verbs are on my "i need to git gud" list. For me I would need some tips on how to subjugate IRREGULAR VERBS.
(edited 6 years ago)
I learnt french from year 7 to year 9 and have chosen it for Gcse. For tips to how to conjugate irregular verbs there isnt really any. Since their irregular you cant conjugate then lik regular french verbs. We got taught the irregular verb conjugations in Year 8/9 and i just memorisef them. I advise you to search online because it will definetely be there. I just know the verbs aller and a few others. Just memorise them and make sure you go over them around every 2 days since irregular verb conjugations are easy to forget 💗💗💗💗
I would recommend using websites like conjugemos and languagesonline for learning irregular verbs. If you set aside a certain amount of time each day and practise on those website then you'll have them memorised in no time! If you want more practise then the Practise Makes Perfect books are great - they have a range of exercises including translations for all of the tenses. I don't know how much they cost but I'm sure there will be some second hand copies on amazon. I hope this helps :smile:
Original post by xleo.norx
I would recommend using websites like conjugemos and languagesonline for learning irregular verbs. If you set aside a certain amount of time each day and practise on those website then you'll have them memorised in no time! If you want more practise then the Practise Makes Perfect books are great - they have a range of exercises including translations for all of the tenses. I don't know how much they cost but I'm sure there will be some second hand copies on amazon. I hope this helps :smile:

Never heard of conjeguemos! I'll give it a try as im doing Gcse french starting from this year, i usually just use quizlet. Thanks for the advice!!!!:smile::smile::smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending