The Student Room Group

Welcome to the A level forum!

Welcome to the A level forum!:party2:
This is just a short post to help you get the most out of your visit to TSR today :yes:

Asking Questions

Answering questions

And of course keep to the community guidelines in all posts!
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
thanks
Reply 2
Very pleased to see changes made to the A Level sub-forum with a short but informative post about everything on the sub-forum. :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Can someone please help me? I have sent the link down below where I shared my latest ambiguity but unfortunately haven't gotten a reply as of yet. I hope nobody minds me doing this rather selfish act here. https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4928486
Original post by MushiRock11
Can someone please help me? I have sent the link down below where I shared my latest ambiguity but unfortunately haven't gotten a reply as of yet. I hope nobody minds me doing this rather selfish act here. https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4928486

For future reference, just bump the thread if you want more replies more quickly; someone will see it eventually :smile:
First day as a sixth form student was so boring - my school even had the terrible idea to have triple chemistry on Mondays and Tuesday have no lessons lol
Original post by Sonechka
For future reference, just bump the thread if you want more replies more quickly; someone will see it eventually :smile:

Oh, so that's why I see the 'bump' message every now and then.
Well, thanks for letting me know! Hopefully, it will save my day..
Original post by ParisOMg
First day as a sixth form student was so boring - my school even had the terrible idea to have triple chemistry on Mondays and Tuesday have no lessons lol

Apart from having nearly 5 hours of chemistry on one day I'd love that... A day off! This is probably better chat for the year 12 thread though, which you can find stickied in the A Level forum right near this one :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pabodha Marambe
Hello

I am sitting for Edexcel A2 International Advanced level next june 2018 Economics, can anyone please help me in Unit 4 past papers because I find difficulty in answering both the 15 and 20 mark questions.

Below are the following issues that I hardly need answers for knowledge and understanding:

1) Evaluate the effects of a significant improvement in a country’s terms of trade on the achievement of its macroeconomic objectives. (25 marks)

2) Discuss the likely impact of the rapid growth of emerging and developing economies on world trade patterns.(15 marks)

3) ‘China has specialized in manufacturing while India has specialized in services’

Evaluate the possible benefits of such specialization to a country or countries of your choice (25 marks)

I did a lot of research for these questions but I couldn’t find much sufficient points for my answers.

I wish to get an exemplar answer for the questions above from anyone who like to assist me.

Hope for a quicker response.

Thank you

Pabodha Marambe

Hi :h: this thread isn't really for discussion; we have an economics forum on TSR which might be a better place for your question.
Original post by Sonechka
Hi :h: this thread isn't really for discussion; we have an economics forum on TSR which might be a better place for your question.

Original post by Pabodha Marambe
Hello

I've moved the post over to a fresh thread in the economics forum :smile: (Here)
Ngl three weeks in and highers looking better by the day :rip:
Original post by Betty2106
Ngl three weeks in and highers looking better by the day :rip:
:rofl:

I'm sure you'll get through it.:hugs:
Anyone has the scientific article for ial biology jan 2018? I can’t find it anywhere.
Hello everyone! I want to study A-level in U.K. I have one question on which I didn’t get answer. May I get into the A2-level programme in college without study at AS-level, but with condition of the fact that I have results on the AS-level exam? If you know, please write me.
Original post by ElizabethShch
Hello everyone! I want to study A-level in U.K. I have one question on which I didn’t get answer. May I get into the A2-level programme in college without study at AS-level, but with condition of the fact that I have results on the AS-level exam? If you know, please write me.

I'm not quite sure exactly what you're asking?
Do you mean you've sat ASs and want to come to the UK to study the A2 part of the course? If this is the case then it may be possible depending on the school, you'd have to enquire individually.
If you haven't studied the AS course then I doubt you'd be able to just do the A2 year since adapting to a new country will be hard enough and schools would be reluctant to allow it and indeed many would probably refuse.
What subjects are you looking at?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lemur14
I'm not quite sure exactly what you're asking?
Do you mean you've sat ASs and want to come to the UK to study the A2 part of the course? If this is the case then it may be possible depending on the school, you'd have to enquire individually.
If you haven't studied the AS course then I doubt you'd be able to just do the A2 year since adapting to a new country will be hard enough and schools would be reluctant to allow it and indeed many would probably refuse.
What subjects are you looking at?
Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, you have understood me rightly! However if I pass a as-level exam(for example, in specific center in my country) and get well results of this exam, I will have a certification my knowledge of subjects. According to your words, are such factors as adaptation to the country and the fact that English is not my native language can become serious problems, even if I have above the average points on IELTS and results of as exam?
I’m going to study further math, biology, chemistry and physics.
Have you ever heard of this similar case?
Original post by ElizabethShch
Yes, you have understood me rightly! However if I pass a as-level exam(for example, in specific center in my country) and get well results of this exam, I will have a certification my knowledge of subjects. According to your words, are such factors as adaptation to the country and the fact that English is not my native language can become serious problems, even if I have above the average points on IELTS and results of as exam?
I’m going to study further math, biology, chemistry and physics.
Have you ever heard of this similar case?

If you pass the AS exam then I'd say you have a much higher chance of being accepted just to do A2. The problems would come if you hadn't done the actual AS. Obviously you'd still have to talk to specific schools you are interested in but I doubt they'd be as worried given you have the same qualifications :smile:
Not maths :confused: Usually further maths isn't taken without maths...
The fact you do those subjects is good as the content won't change much from different exam boards. If you did history or something then it could have got complicated finding a school covering the same periods etc. But STEM subject should be much easier in that regard :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
What do I need to get an A for my English literature exam with OCR
Original post by Train 1234
What do I need to get an A for my English literature exam with OCR

Grade boundaries haven't been set yet so no one knows exactly. You can check on OCR's website what it was last year though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello guys , any suggestions where i can find A-level notes for maths and economics...

Quick Reply

Latest