The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster University Accommodation

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2060
Also, in Furness. I had put down Grizedale as my first choice, but I am hoping that I'll love Furness when I get there. Fingers crossed. XD
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Is anyone still waiting for accomodation offers? Hope I'm not the only one
Hey, is any one that is goin to cartmel here?
I finally started the official 'uni shopping' today and I was pretty unsure as to what things I will need to bring kitchen-wise. I'm aware that certain things are already provided for us but what happens when your sharing a kitchen with other people? Who brings what?
Reply 2064
Original post by Hayley Williams
Aha I'm in county!

oh cool! i really liked the sound of county
i think it was my second choice
Reply 2065
Original post by Amrit Bhullar
I finally started the official 'uni shopping' today and I was pretty unsure as to what things I will need to bring kitchen-wise. I'm aware that certain things are already provided for us but what happens when your sharing a kitchen with other people? Who brings what?

i guess ill just be meeting the flatmates on the day and then sort something out?? idk...
good question
im going to bring a couple of pans, tea towels etc.
but im not buying any condiments or foods rn because maybe itd be easier to pool the resources for that later
You guys can buy your beddings, pots, plate, stationery, cuttlery, and everything on the click2campus.com website, they will deliver the items you buy to your room before you arrive.
I hope that was helpful.
Hi, please can I ask if our room numbers are already assigned to us and we just pick our keys up on the day, or if it is first come first served and room keys just handed out as people arrive? (Furness College)Thanks, hope someone can help. I'll be travelling a fair distance and not sure if I should be aiming for arriving at 10am on the dot, or if it really doesn't matter what time I arrive if my room is already assigned to me.
Original post by littlevoice2
Hi, please can I ask if our room numbers are already assigned to us and we just pick our keys up on the day, or if it is first come first served and room keys just handed out as people arrive? (Furness College)Thanks, hope someone can help. I'll be travelling a fair distance and not sure if I should be aiming for arriving at 10am on the dot, or if it really doesn't matter what time I arrive if my room is already assigned to me.

All ur answers are available at lancaster.induction.org.uk
Original post by littlevoice2

Yep, they are already assigned, you don't get to pick. You pick your keys up on the day, you will directed by students. You can arrive later if you want, the only slight problem if you arrive later is kitchen space. I think arriving in the morning to get the cupboard/shelfs you want makes the whole year easier. :biggrin:
Original post by Hayley Williams
Yep, they are already assigned, you don't get to pick. You pick your keys up on the day, you will directed by students. You can arrive later if you want, the only slight problem if you arrive later is kitchen space. I think arriving in the morning to get the cupboard/shelfs you want makes the whole year easier. :biggrin:

Thats great, thank you. I half imagined they would just fill the rooms up from the bottom up as people arrived. Good point about cupboard and freezer space though, thank you for replying :smile:
Hi guys
I've got chancellors wharf done know how it's going to be to live off campus
Can any one help me what's the cost of travelling to uni and how's the place going to be :/
Anyone ?
Dont*
Original post by mb nasser
Hi guys
I've got chancellors wharf done know how it's going to be to live off campus
Can any one help me what's the cost of travelling to uni and how's the place going to be :/
Anyone ?

If your talking about the cost of getting to campus, then a two term buss pass is £160, it's cheaper than paying everyday to get to campus.
Thanks
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 2075
Hi, I'm an eu student, thinking about choosing Lancaster in clearing. The thing is, what are my chances of getting the accommodation on campus, assuming they accept my application? Any chances of getting quite cheap one? :/
Many thanks
Original post by Joannn
Hi, I'm an eu student, thinking about choosing Lancaster in clearing. The thing is, what are my chances of getting the accommodation on campus, assuming they accept my application? Any chances of getting quite cheap one? :/
Many thanks

Probably a little late now, but I chose Lancaster through clearing and got accomdation on campus last year and it was great. I had another friend who couldn't get on campus accom but lived in Chancellors Wharf which is the uni accomdation in town, exactly the same as halls of campus, and he absolutely loves it anyway.

I'm pretty certain they guarentee some kind of accomdation and I ended up in Pendle 'Ghetto' which sounded awful but was super nice and way cheaper than other universities.
Does any one have any recommendations/ advice for off campus accommodation?
Hi,
I've just been accepted into Furness and will be living in 'Bardsea' in a standard room. Furness was my second choice and I haven't actually seen physically what the rooms look like. Could anyone tell me what the shared bathrooms are like in that part of Furness? Standard was all I could reasonably afford, and seeing Bowland's shared bathrooms on a tour made me feel much more comfortable about it, but I have since learnt they were the new and upgraded ones, so I just want to know how dissimilar the ones at Furness are before I go :smile:
For instance, are the bathrooms like seperate 'rooms' together like in Bowland, or just stalls like in a public bathroom?
Thank you in advance to anyone who replies!
Original post by soysox
Hi,
I've just been accepted into Furness and will be living in 'Bardsea' in a standard room. Furness was my second choice and I haven't actually seen physically what the rooms look like. Could anyone tell me what the shared bathrooms are like in that part of Furness? Standard was all I could reasonably afford, and seeing Bowland's shared bathrooms on a tour made me feel much more comfortable about it, but I have since learnt they were the new and upgraded ones, so I just want to know how dissimilar the ones at Furness are before I go :smile:
For instance, are the bathrooms like seperate 'rooms' together like in Bowland, or just stalls like in a public bathroom?
Thank you in advance to anyone who replies!

This video shows, what standard rooms are like, it's near to the end. Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGj45VgavIc :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending